Saskatchewan Blue Cross®, one of Saskatchewan’s Top Employers, is currently recruiting for a full time Group Benefits Analyst to join our team in an exciting new position supporting the organizational growth strategy, Group Sales and Underwriting, and reporting into our Underwriting Department. This position offers the flexibility to work remote, in-office or participate in hybrid options in either our Regina or Saskatoon offices.
If you are passionate about group benefits, have a keen eye for detail, thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, an exceptional communicator and a natural relationship builder, then we’re looking for you! Reporting directly to the Manager, Underwriting, with dotted line support to Group Sales Leadership and Client Experience Centre Leadership, the Group Benefits Analyst will work with internal stakeholders from Saskatchewan Blue Cross and our external intermediary partners to analyze incoming group benefits opportunities, support intermediary correspondence and information gathering, and prepare for pricing through document preparation and reporting, applying a high level of accuracy, rigor and quality.
To be successful in this position, you’ll need to collaborate effectively with intermediaries, clients, management and employees and possess an excellent understanding of the group benefits industry. This role will support the analysis of trends in product and partnership performance, developing insights and recommendations for competitive advancement.
WHY CHOOSE SASKATCHEWAN BLUE CROSS?
We’re driven by a mission to empower communities on their journey to whole health and wellness, and have a lot of exciting things ahead of us. We’re improving our members’ experiences through investment in our people, technology, services and products. When you join our team, you’re joining an organization where employees are valued, recognized for their contributions and empowered to make us stronger. The wellbeing of our employees, our members, our partners and our communities is at the heart of our operations.
Our industry is evolving fast, and so are we! We’re looking for people who:
- Share our values
- Believe that creating great experiences is totally within their control
- Collaborate and always set others up for success
- Build positive relationships and an understanding of what people’s needs are
- See solutions and possibilities (not problems!)
- Are simply outstanding at what they do
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Handle intermediary communications and inquiries with a high degree of poise, professionalism, pace and commitment to exemplary service provision
- Provide accurate and timely data analysis on incoming sales opportunities for group health, dental, life and disability benefits programs
- Validate and prepare information for group benefit plan renewals and quotes by going through specs, seeking clarity, and providing advice on required structure
- Gather necessary data from intermediaries or clients directly; review to ensure it is complete, accurate and reasonable; and prepare data in a particular template or format for use in basic or advanced financial analyses
- Research, support and analyze competitive benchmarking exercises and industry trend reviews
- Analyze cost drivers by reviewing client’s cost/utilization data and looking for year-over-year trends or comparisons for opportunities for enhancement
- Perform analyses for complex clients, including in-depth analysis that may require additional research or consultation with Sales, Underwriting, Client Experience, Claims and Disability Management subject matter experts
- Ensure seamless execution of administrative procedures
- Actively support the leadership team with reporting needs, specifically as it relates to ongoing competitive performance, helping to identify opportunities and support tactical strategies to address gaps
- Stay current on external market conditions and new or evolving trends in group benefits by regularly reviewing online articles, webinars, etc.
- Support the implementation of the established annual business plan for the departments
- Other related projects and duties as required to support organizational change and meet business demands
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in, mathematics, finance, economics or a related field – an equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in group insurance benefits
- Knowledge of laws and regulations with regard to the processing of health benefits
- Strong understanding of health insurance products and services and how they serve clients and plan members.
- Detail-oriented, accurate and thorough with strong mathematical skills
- Outstanding relationship skills; is able to quickly identify other’s needs, build relationships and exhibits high empathy, treating others with respect and dignity
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong emphasis on confidentiality is essential
- Interest in career development and willingness to participate in industry-related training and professional development is required
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a demanding fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work in a team environment where the priorities and requirements may change quickly
- Exceptional investigative, critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills to research to make sound decisions and informed recommendations, and knows when to ask for additional guidance and support
- Demonstrated ability to present information clearly and in a manner that is concise, thorough and understandable
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with external stakeholders
- Proficient in analyzing information, developing reports and presenting data driven insights
- Ability to innovate and apply creative approaches to resolving issues
- Excellent computer skills, Excel in particular, and is able to pick up new and existing programs related to the job quickly Experience with Client Relationship Management (CRM) Software would be an asset
- Minimal travel may be required
- May be required to attend in person appointments off-site with clients and brokers
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada on an unrestricted basis
HOW TO APPLY
If you are motivated to learn, enjoy working as part of a team and are looking for an opportunity to be part of a progressive, growing company, please apply directly on our Company Job Board
About Saskatchewan Blue Cross
For more than 70 years, Saskatchewan Blue Cross® has been committed to delivering exceptional health and wellness benefits, travel insurance and life insurance solutions to Saskatchewan residents and employers. Founded in 1946, we’ve grown to employ more than 250 people through local offices in both Regina and Saskatoon, we invest meaningfully in communities across our province, and we work with you to ensure you have the peace of mind you need when it comes to your health, wellness and travel insurance needs.
We’re a locally based not-for-profit organization, recognized as one of Saskatchewan’s Top Employers, one of the Top 100 Companies in Saskatchewan, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Brands (as part of the Canadian Association of Blue Cross® Plans).
Every day, our team provides exceptional service to more than 130,000 members driven by:
A Mission: to empower communities on their journey to whole health and wellness. A Vision: for a future of lifelong health and wellbeing for every person in Saskatchewan. And Values that form the foundation of who we are: Empathy, Ambitious, Dependable, Flexible & Disciplined, and Build Community.