Our client is a rapidly growing Insurance Brokerage Firm located in the Woodbridge area. Our client offers extensive training and front-line knowledge of the overall investment and insurance industry.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing administrative support to a dynamic team of Financial Advisors and Licensed Assistants in servicing a very active book of business. The successful candidate must be highly motivated and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. They will be part of a team whose core objective is to maintain a high level of professionalism while exceeding expectations at each client interaction.
By joining our client’s team, you will become part of a rapidly, still-growing company that offers extensive training and front-line knowledge of the overall investment and insurance industry. We offer a competitive, salary-based, compensation package including group health and retirement benefits, as well as future advancement opportunities within our organization.
Essential Job Responsibilities
· Perform daily trade audit, including review of paperwork for completeness
· Manage abeyances and follow-ups with fund companies to confirm accuracy of transactions and resolve discrepancies
· Daily fax/upload of all processed paperwork to head office server and branch manager’s office
· File client documentation and communication while maintaining compliance requirements
· Correspond with clients
· Help to ensure compliance standards are met within the office structure
· Prepare and review reports for client presentation or in-office use
· Accurate data entry of client information
· Trade processing on Univeris as needed
· Assist in preparing client paperwork as needed
· Other administrative duties such as printing, photocopying and scanning of documents
General Office Duties
· Assist with planning and organizing Masters’ corporate and charity events throughout the year
· Arrange meetings and seminars
· Sort and distribute incoming mail
· Point person to maintain working order of office photocopier/printer
· Manage office supplies inventory
· Organize and re-order stock of promotional items, as well as source new items
· Digitize client files as we move to a paperless office
· Special projects, as required
Qualifications & Experience
· University degree preferred
· One year of financial industry experience is an asset
· IFIC or CSC registration or completion is an asset
· Event planning experience is helpful
Skill Sets Required
· Self-motivation with ability to problem-solve with limited supervision
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Flexibility to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and adapt to changing priorities
· Ability to work both independently or collaboratively with co-workers and external partners
· Technically proficient in Microsoft Office programs: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Accurate data entry skills with strong attention to detail
About Insurance Career Network
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment.
Register and submit your resume through this site or call Francis for more information 416 703-5120.