Works in the Sales division, reporting to the Sales & New Business V.P.
This person is provided the new business prospect, they market to underwriting, get quotes, present to client (and/or producer) and then bind, provide documentation, invoicing, etc., etc.,
This salaried plus commissioned position is ideal for someone who has a talent for marketing and is able to complete the required paper documentation too! This individual will work closely with a dynamic team of producers developing prospects into clients. The qualified candidate has technical knowledge in most lines of commercial insurance, which enables them to design, secure and deliver the best insurance program and provide professional counsel to our clients. This highly qualified team member will work directly with clients and Producers to assess risk exposures and insurance needs, prepare marketing submissions, act as liaison with our insuring partners, prepare proposals and, at times, be able to close the sale.
• Dealing directly with a prospect and/or a producer, you will gather risk information and conduct appropriate research including claims and other pertinent underwriting information
• Create a submission through Policy Works and submit these proposals to various insurers for quotations
• Review various quotations and negotiate coverages, limits, and premiums according to the clients’ exposure
• Prepare and present insurance proposals
• Create a binding order, complete with all required paper documentation such as binders, certificates, applications, payment financing arrangements, etc.
• Ensure payment is received in full
• Ensure receipt and delivery of an accurate insurance policy before transferring the policy to the servicing department
• Other special assignments and projects, as may be required
• 5+ years Commercial Lines brokerage experience
• Insurance knowledge in the placement of all Commercial Lines classes of insurance
• RIBO licence, active and in good standing, is required. Other industry qualifications such as CAIB, CIP, etc., would be considered an asset
• A dedicated team player with a strong work ethic
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation, communication and negotiation skills
• A firm commitment to delivering professionalism and expertise to our clients
• Ability to use creativity in structuring product proposals
About Insurance Career Network
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment.
Register and submit your resume through this site or call Francis for more information 416 703-5120.