Our client is a national brokerage offering commercial, personal, life and health insurance. They serve Professional Associations and Affinity Groups, Canadian enterprises, small businesses, and individuals with high-value assets. Our client has invested in a network of 60 independent brokerages across Canada to which they deliver infrastructure, regulatory and select business services. They are an employee-owned firm, with 20 employee shareholders currently. They have been growing and looking to add a Commercial Account Assistant to their Small, Medium Enterprise Team.
To perform client and administrative duties these can include;
- Assisting clients with renewals, addressing their questions and fulfilling their requests
- Referring clients to the Personal Insurance and Life departments sourced from commercial
- Understanding client situation and needs to potentially upsell coverage (once you are comfortable with your expertise on such coverages) or refer opportunities to a sales person
- Uploading client information through our Broker Management System or through company portals
- Updating client files in our Broker Management System.
- Assisting Account Mangers/Account Executives in processing and reviewing applications, renewals, endorsements changes, cancellations and the re-marketing of clients.
- Handling various letters for Account Managers/Account Executives including claims payments
- Acting as a liaison between the client and insurers, following up on missing information discussing underwriting concerns, and providing sound underwriting advice
- Invoicing, collecting payments, and reconciling accounts
- Working knowledge of office equipment (e.g., scanner, photocopier, etc.)
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel) Sig XP would be an asset
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Ability to prioritize work
- High attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Team player
About Insurance Career Network
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment.
Register and submit your resume through this site or call Francis for more information 416 703-5120.