To lead and develop a team of Operational staff, providing an efficient, cost-effective, customer-focused Operations service of the highest quality to both internal and external clients in order to support company objectives.
To take full ownership of client issues and challenges and to be able to pull a team together to resolve issues.
To oversee management reporting and metrics for the Operations team.
Direct Reports: (approx. 5 – 10)
· Manage the performance of the team, setting goals and objectives. Monitor/review performance against these goals and objectives. Conduct performance reviews in accordance with process timelines.
· Provide coaching and training to team members as required.
· Monitor and seek to improve the performance of the team members and overall team on internal relationships, client relationships and account management.
· Develop working relationships across the organization and act as liaison between the team and Treaties, Claims, Finance, Valuation and Senior Management on specific client issues.
· To understand the needs of the entire organization and be able to influence peers when required.
· Liaise with clients, Sr. Mgmt and downstream stakeholders to effectively manage complex client issues.
· Plan, coordinate and participate in client audits, ensuring the quality of documentation and administration is appropriate, recommending remedial action as appropriate.
· Assist with the writing of the audit report/ findings.
· For all teams, oversee the results of the operations team’s quality of work, for completeness and accuracy.
· For all teams, provide regular reporting of metrics to Operations management, including notable trends and issues that need to be managed.
· Coordinate and provide all necessary numbers for quarterly senior management reporting (MI Pack).
· To provide strategic solutions to complex workflow issues.
· The Job holder’s role is primarily one of leadership, but they may be required to Interpret, validate and record details of client reporting or perform other duties from time to time.
· Support Operations AVP’s and VP when required
· Implement, manage and measure business strategy to achieve departmental objectives
· Lead small to medium sized projects in order to achieve business outcomes.
Essential Qualifications & Skills
· 6 – 8 years relevant reinsurance/insurance and client service experience
· Proven success leading small to medium sized teams and/or projects
· Demonstrated leadership skills, including the ability to evaluate performance, coach for success and demonstrate managerial courage
· Post-secondary education or equivalent with a background in business, mathematics, economics or accounting, or equivalent business experience
· Industry relevant education completed or in progress (eg. ACS, ARA, FLMI, CMA, etc.)
· Demonstrated experience in handling difficult situations effectively
· Ability to pull together diverse detailed data and summarize into broad observations and recommendations
· Sound knowledge of life reinsurance practices and principles. This may also include underwriting and/ or claims experience.
· Intermediate or expert experience with Excel, Access and Business Objects
· Demonstrated experience improving processes and procedures
· Extensive knowledge of the business unit’s processes and systems
· Shows good judgement in critically evaluating client data
· Strong written and verbal communication skills on technical issues
About Insurance Career Network
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment.
Register and submit your resume through this site or call Francis for more information 416 703-5120.