Our client is an exciting early-stage fintech startup that is transforming the way Canadians buy insurance. They’ve built a digital platform that offers a simple, intuitive alternative to the archaic, offline distribution model used by most of the industry. With a compelling vision, proven management team, and significant seed funding, we’re aiming to bring about innovation and disruption in the rapidly evolving insurtech space.
Our client is looking for:
An enthusiastic and knowledgeable life insurance broker to manage prospective clients that have come to the digital platform looking to buy insurance. The selected candidate will be expected to deliver informed and accurate advice on a wide variety of life insurance products in a charismatic and helpful manner. Our team is small (but growing), so this role offers significant opportunities for career growth. Reporting directly to the CEO, this role will work across several aspects of the business and assist in the overall development of the brand and brokerage.
• Manage relationships and deliver excellent customer service for a large volume of insurance clients delivered through our online insurance application portal.
• Explain life insurance and related products and provide expert insurance advice and guidance to customers.
• Assist customers with our digital tools and walk them through the application and underwriting process.
• Review life insurance applications in our digital application database for accuracy before submission to insurance carrier(s).
• Help customers submit medical and non-medical forms and schedule appointments required to satisfy underwriting requirements.
• Regularly communicate with customers through various channels, including phone, email, chat, and video chat.
• Demonstrate expertise in non face-to-face carrier workflows, underwriting processes, and software tools.
• Act as the main channel of feedback between customers and product teams, to drive improvements to our process and technology.
• Assist with online content creation, where required (copywriting, consultancy).
• 2+ years of work experience in life insurance sales or service.
• Life insurance broker license, preferably valid across Canada.
• Passion for customer service and the value of insurance.
• Excellent communication skills whether in-person, by email, or on phone calls.
• Must love technology and keep a regular pulse on all things digital.
• Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
• Must value ethics and integrity.
• Creativity and a natural inclination to think outside the box are highly valued skills on our team.
• Motivated to learn and grow professionally and contribute to the company’s growth and culture.
• Enjoy working on a team, but also self-motivated.
Salary and Benefits
• Fast growing company with great opportunity to assume a leadership role. We expect massive growth over the next few years which will provide significant opportunities for advancement.
• Competitive base salary with the chance to earn performance-based sales bonuses.
• Attractive health benefits.
• A relaxed, collaborative office space. New ideas are encouraged as we are constantly pushing each other to make our product better and drive us all forward.
About Insurance Career Network
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment.
Register and submit your resume through this site or call Francis for more information 416 703-5120.