Originally founded in 1933, our client is a leading national insurance brokerage with specialized industry and global expertise. With offices across Canada, they are nationally licensed and contracted with every major domestic insurer, as well as Lloyds in the UK. Their reputation and substantial clout within the industry sets them apart and has lead to their success in developing exclusive programs for clients. Due to growth opportunities they are now looking to hire a member for their Personal Lines team.
The Personal Lines Account Manager will be responsible for the complete management and retention on a specific book of business. Principally to advise the client on matters of coverage and pricing, to place the client’s risks with the most suitable market on a timely basis and to ensure the accuracy and integrity of documents and data, according to the workflows of the brokerage.
• Cross sell and upsell existing clients, seeking to further increase book size
• Solicit additional business from existing client base, and gain referrals to new prospects
• Assist clients and family members with new insurance requirements
• Round out accounts
• Prepare all necessary new sales paperwork and submit to AA’s for processing
• Ensure that clients’ queries and requests are responded to in a professional and timely manner (internal & external)
• Develop strong, effective relationships with clients (internal & external)
• Ensure that the brokerage’s service commitments and standards are upheld
• Work in a team environment alongside Producers and Account Administrators
• Proactively contact client in response to potential changes in the market or policy changes
• Act as an advocate on behalf of our clients to the insurance carriers
• Prepare annual review reports, conducting client meetings to review the insurance program, making appropriate recommendations for improvement
• Confirm all underwriting information is accurate and up to date
• Ensure all coverage are adequate and all essential coverages are on policies
• Confirm all discounts and surcharges are on clients files
• Review files and ensure client is with the best market based on individual needs
• Quote policies with other markets when required
• Prepare all necessary remarket paperwork and submit to AA’s for processing
• Confirm all client files in the BMS are current and up to date
• Guarantee all client correspondence is attached to the BMS according to department standards
• Ensure activities in BMS are added and updated according to department standards
• Complete updates to all clients files and policies, promptly updating company portals
• Prepare COC’s and binders of insurance
• Order report such as MVR, AutoPlus and HITS
• Maintain an ongoing working knowledge of all available carriers and products
• Actively participate in continued learning programs or training
• Correspond with personal insurance underwriters
• Assist clients with completion of applications
• Contact clients in regards to billing issues (agency or direct)
• Exhibit the core values of the team
• Adherence to department workflows
• Adherence to department service standards to clients, employees & vendors
• Adherence to individual goals such as retention, sales, quality and renewal reviews
About Insurance Career Network
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment.
Register and submit your resume through this site or call Francis for more information 416 703-5120.