Our client is one of Canada’s leading independent insurance brokerages. Our client offers specialized services ranging from global insurance placement to innovative risk management strategies. They are licensed nationally across Canada with offices in Oakville, Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal. Our client is also proud to be a member of the exclusive Assurex Global Network. Their clients benefit from strategic international partnerships with the ability to “think globally and act locally”. Our client proudly employs some of the best insurance professionals in the business. Their team consists of a dynamic group of individuals, including some of the brightest minds in risk management. Their vision is to be a “magnetic” organization that naturally attracts and retains the very best in class of clients, suppliers, partners, and most importantly, their employees.
Position Summary & Objective:
· The Personal Lines Account Executive will be responsible for achieving specific sales targets. Principally to advise prospective clients on matters of coverage and pricing, to place the client’s risks with the most suitable market on a timely basis and to ensure the accuracy and integrity of documents and data according to the workflows of the brokerage.
· Respond to request for quotes from internal staff, group members, and all other sources
• Cross sell and up-sell existing clients, seeking to further increase book size
· Solicit additional business from existing client base, and gain referrals to new prospects
• Round out accounts
· Schedule meetings with “qualified” prospects
· Present proposals to prospects, negotiate terms and ultimately close the sale
• Assist clients and family members with new insurance requirements
Prepare all necessary new sales paperwork and submit to AA’s for processing
Proactively ask for referrals from existing clients
Develop COI’s and network in the community
Cross sell into existing commercial book
Identify potential Groups and market to these groups
· Develop marketing plans to gain new customers
Confirm all client files in the BMS are current and up to date
Guarantee all client correspondence is attached to the BMS according to department standards
Ensure activities in BMS are added and updated according to department standards
· Complete updates to all clients files and policies, promptly updating company portals
Attend onsite appraisals
Order report such as MVR, AutoPlus and HITS
Send COC’s and binders when required
Deliver client documents when necessary
Maintain an ongoing working knowledge of all available carriers and products
Actively participate in continued learning programs or training
Attend company functions
Correspond with underwriters
Attend client meetings with Commercial Account Executives
· Adherence to department workflows
· Adherence to department service standards to clients, employees & vendors
About Insurance Career Network
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment.
Register and submit your resume through this site or call Francis for more information 416 703-5120.