Originally founded in 1933, our client is a leading national insurance brokerage with specialized industry and global expertise. With offices across Canada, they are nationally licensed and contracted with every major domestic insurer, as well as Lloyds in the UK. Their reputation and substantial clout within the industry sets them apart and has lead to their success in developing exclusive programs for clients. Due to growth opportunities they are now looking to hire a member for their PROGRAMS team.
The Programs Account Manager will be responsible for the renewal cycle of an account. Principally to advise the client on matters of coverage and pricing, to place the client’s risks with the most suitable market on a timely basis and to ensure the accuracy and integrity of documents and data according to the workflows of the brokerage.
· Cross sell and upsell existing clients, seeking to further increase book size
· Solicit additional business from existing client base, and gain referrals to new prospects
· Support Account Executive(s) in preparing/conducting effective and successful presentations to prospective clients in order to meet annual sales/retention goals
· Work in accordance with Account Executive(s) in formulating accurate and competitive quotes for potential new clients
· Round out accounts
· Prepare all necessary new sales paperwork and submit to AA’s for processing
· Ensure that clients’ queries and requests are responded to in a professional and timely manner (internal & external)
· Develop strong, effective relationships with clients (internal & external)
· Ensure that the brokerage’s service standards are upheld
· Work in a team environment alongside Producers, Program Associations and Account Administrators
· Proactively contact client in response to potential changes in the market or policy changes
· Act as a advocate on behalf of our clients to the insurance carriers
· Assist Sales Producer (s) with information needed to market the program
· Ensure that underwriting information is completely accurate and kept up to date
· Prepare annual review reports, conducting client meetings to review the insurance program, making appropriate recommendations for improvement, guaranteeing client is in best market based on their personal needs
· Organize all pre-renewal client material and documents
Prepare submissions to market in an efficient and timely manner
Request terms from markets and compare with alternates, ensuring market aligns with client goal
Bind coverages and order policies
Prepare insurance binders, invoices, billing material and all other corresponding documentation, as required
Check and send out policy documents
Prepare monthly bordereaux and submit to market and association as required
Undertake a full reconciliation of program account
Arrange premium financing quotes & contracts
Prepare & issue certificates of insurance
Order, check & issue endorsements
Maintain an ongoing working knowledge of all available carriers and products
Actively participate in continued learning programs or training
Develop relationships and correspond with commercial insurance underwriters
Assist clients with completion of applications
Attend to receivables
Exhibit the core values of the team
· Adherence to department workflows
· Adherence to department service standards to clients, employees & vendors
About Insurance Career Network
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment.
Register and submit your resume through this site or call Francis for more information 416 703-5120.