Position Summary& Objective:
The Account Manager will be responsible for managing small to mid-market sized Group Benefits & Group Retirement accounts. The Account Manager will advise clients on all matters of coverage and annual pricing, with the objective to address the client’s needs and to place them with the most suitable insurance market. At all times the Account Manager will provide ongoing customer service on a timely basis and to ensure the accuracy and integrity of all client documents and account information.
Essential Functions: Customer Service
Ensure that clients’ queries and requests are responded to in a professional and timely manner (internal & external)
· Develop strong, effective relationships with clients (internal &external)
· Ensure that the brokerage’s service standards are upheld
· Work in a team environment with President and Account Director
· Proactively contact client in response to potential changes in the market or policy changes
· Act as an advocate on behalf of our clients to the insurance carriers
· Ensure that underwriting information for all accounts is accurate and kept up to date
· Organize renewal client material and documents
· Prepare submissions to market in an efficient and timely manner
· Request quotations from markets and compare with alternates, ensuring market aligns with client goals
· Prepare annual review reports and conduct client meetings to review the account information and to make appropriate recommendations for improvements to their insurance program
· Ensure the client is placed with the best insurance market based on their specific needs
· Cross sell and upsell existing clients, seeking to further increase total book size
· Solicit additional new business from existing client base, and gain referrals to new prospects
· Support Account Director in preparing & conducting effective presentations to prospective clients in order to meet annual sales/retention goals
· Work in accordance with Account Director in formulating accurate and competitive quotes for potential new clients
· Round out accounts
· Prepare all necessary new sales paperwork
About Insurance Career Network
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment.
Register and submit your resume through this site or call Francis for more information 416 703-5120.