Role & Responsibilities:
· Provide technical underwriting expertise for mid-market property/casualty and automobile lines
· Analyze and evaluate results for your portfolio and use individual or collaborative judgment to ensure that profit and growth goals are met
· While working in a team environment, provide exceptional service to your assigned brokers in accordance to service standards with respect to the renewal portfolio, endorsements, cancellations, certificates etc.
· Mentor junior underwriting staff aiding in their career development
· Assist with training and coaching of other staff as required
· Perform peer quality control audits and validate adherence to corporate guidelines
· Build strong inter-department relationships that encourage Company’s corporate culture
· Communicate results, outstanding issues, industry trends and business opportunities to the Commercial Management team
· Record underwriting information for the purpose of evaluation, assessment, audit and profitability
· Any other duties as required
Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills:
· In-depth technical knowledge and experience working in both property/casualty and automobile lines
. Exceptional knowledge of underwriting principles, concepts and methodologies in a commercial environment
· Extensive knowledge of commercial rates and pricing to effectively underwrite and attract target business
· Possess strong team building, coaching and leadership skills
· Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Computer skills that enable independent management of a variety of programs
· Superior customer service and business acumen
· Leadership skills that include instinctive coaching and mentorship
Education and Experience:
· University / College degree
· CIP designation
· CRM, FCIP is an asset
· Minimum 5 years of Commercial underwriting experience
About Insurance Career Network
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment.
Register and submit your resume through this site or call Francis for more information 416 703-5120.