Our client is a major Insurance Company located in the Mississauga area. They are currently looking for a Senior Liability Adjuster.
This position is responsible for investigating, negotiating and settling serious CGL and bodily injury claims. The adjuster will be responsible for direct file handling and communication with all involved parties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Confirm valid coverage.
· Fully investigate liability.
· Fully investigate serious injuries & exposure.
· Must have CGL experience
· Provide instruction and direction to external vendors i.e.: independent adjusters, legal counsel, engineers.
· Calculate ultimate probable exposure and reserve accordingly.
· Properly maintain a diary system to monitor files.
· Ensure files are up to date with BI worksheet, case law, medical and liability information.
· Report any serious injuries to Manager.
· Mentor and coach junior adjusters.
· Prepare Major Loss/Reinsurance Reports and participate in Claims Committee process.
· Comply with service standards as outlined in the claims manual.
· Actively participate in settlement initiatives along with both private and mandatory mediations.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Minimum 7 years of experience adjusting CGL & BI claims.
· CGL experience must include a strong background in coverage (duty to defend vs. indemnify), municipality losses, construction wrap up, product liability, occupier’s liability, and environmental losses.
· Knowledge of regulatory and contractual obligations, medical terminology, vocational rehabilitation concepts and dispute resolution practice.
· Experience with internal and external audits.
· Detail oriented and well organized individual.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Travel to mediations/pre-trials/trials is required
· Superb interpersonal skills and leadership qualities/potential.
· Work well individually or as a part of a team.
· Computer literacy with strong working knowledge of Microsoft programs.
· High School Diploma or equivalent and University or College Degree; have or working towards CIP designation.
About Insurance Career Network
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment.
Register and submit your resume through this site or call Francis for more information 416 703-5120.