By joining our client’s team, you will become part of a rapidly, still-growing company that offers extensive training and front-line knowledge of the overall investment and insurance industry. They offer a competitive, salary-based, compensation package including group health and retirement benefits, as well as future advancement opportunities within our organization. Choose a career with this outstanding brokerage and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment with financial security and satisfaction.
This position involves working as a Commercial Account Executive on a diverse commercial insurance book of business in both servicing and marketing existing accounts as well as new business accounts. The book of business consists mainly of Construction, Realty and Manufacturing and range from mid to large-size accounts. They are part of a team whose core objective is to service commercial clients’ needs and exceed their expectations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Management of mid to large size commercial accounts
· Negotiate coverages, rates and premiums with underwriters and clients
· Market new and existing business
· Prepare renewal reviews including Outstanding Recommendations, Claims Review, and Additional Coverage(s)
· Review client risk and preparing comprehensive coverages for specific client needs
· Review leases in order to issue appropriate Tenant Certificate
· Work closely with claims department to monitor losses and develop risk management techniques for clients
· Attend client meetings and inspections when required
· Manage own abeyances
· Manage accounts receivable
· Perform other related duties and projects, as required
· Post-secondary education or equivalent insurance designations
· Minimum of three (3) years of experience in commercial lines within a Brokerage and/or Insurance company
· RIBO Licence
· Knowledge of construction insurance
· CIP and/or CAIB designation
· Familiarity with The Agency Manager (TAM), and/or Compu-quote
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Self-motivation with ability to problem-solve with limited supervision
· Flexibility to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with changing priorities
· Ability to work independently and as a team member
· Technically proficient in Microsoft Office programs: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Accurate data entry skills
· Attention to detail
· Maintain strict confidentiality
About Insurance Career Network Inc.
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment.
TO APPLY: Register and submit your resume through this site or call Francis for more information 416 703-5120.