Our client is a major Canadian Insurance Company. They are proud to work with Canada’s most trusted commercial broker networks. They have a reputation for being one of Canada’s leading commercial insurance providers. Their employees are dedicated to understanding the needs of their customers and creating solutions that help Canadian businesses have a safer and brighter future. They’re a company of passionate people who put people first. Do you want to join a team that believes in working hard – and having fun at work – all while making a difference? Look no further.
The Professional Lines Executive Underwriters are responsible for underwriting and servicing highly complex and unique portfolios in accordance with established guidelines and business objectives in the achievement of national standards for data quality and service levels. They solve highly complex problems by applying a breadth of expertise to identify innovative solutions and also in interpreting internal and external business issues and recommending best practices. In addition to underwriting responsibilities, this position is responsible for the mentorship and training of all underwriting staff within the region, ensuring best practices and guidelines are understood and applied
They work closely with our Brokers to customize solutions for their clients. They work hard to ensure that we are writing the right risks – this means liaising with other Underwriters, Corporate Underwriting, as well as Actuarial Pricing teams.
Additionally, they are passionate about maintaining strong relationships with our Broker partners and love utilizing their strong technical skills to ensure that risks are assessed properly. They also pay attention to the smallest of details, ensuring that all pieces of business are written in the best way possible. In other words, they’re awesome. If you are interested in joining this Specialty Risk team as an Executive Underwriter, apply today!
You’re great at:
· Underwriting E+O, D+O, and Cyber
· Monitoring trends and understanding new and emerging technologies and risks
· Relationship building and communication
· 10 years of Underwriting experience in the Professional and Executive Risk industry
· Completed, or pursuing your CIP, FCIP, or RPLU designations
· Strong customer service background
· Team-first mentality
We’re great at putting you first by:
· Prioritizing your well-being (Wellness Program, flexible health benefits, employee assistance)
· Promoting balance (flexible schedules, generous time off, and work from home options)
· Supporting your financial health (employee share purchase plan, pension plans, discount on staff insurance)
· Helping you grow in your career (education assistance, internal mobility)
· Caring about the community and the causes you believe in (donation matching, team volunteering)
About Insurance Career Network Inc.
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment.
TO APPLY: Register and submit your resume through this site or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Francis for more information 416 703-5120 x200.