Our client is an independent insurance brokerage, established in 1919, dedicated to providing security and value through custom insurance solutions for business, personal and financial services. They have three branches with a total staff in excess of 80 experienced individuals. They are respected as an accomplished, professional organization, well-positioned and well-established within the Canadian marketplace.
As a Practice Specialist, you are the liaison between the Insurer and clients, other practice specialists, and in some cases, producers. Your first purpose always is to respond to the client’s needs, questions and requests as professionally and efficiently as possible.
· Provides service for clients, for all inquiries and/or problems, new business, renewals, endorsements and cancellations.
· Working with one Producer managing a book of VIP clients.
· Provide quotations as requested by other staff or client, and advise of recommended market as well as possible options; provide product comparisons as appropriate
· Advise and offer all available cover, especially where existing cover is limited and/or not in accordance with minimum standards as established by management. All discussions to be documented on the computer system.
· Respond to all telephone calls directed to you, as well as completing any immediately resulting work. You may receive calls from clients assigned to other staff; you should respond to the client’s immediate request and communicate regarding their actions with the assigned staff.
· Meet with clients who visit the office, if others are unavailable. No client is to be kept waiting.
· Advise clients/practice specialists/producers of Insurers’ underwriting concerns or requirements, and negotiate to obtain the best possible terms of cover for the client.
· Nurture positive professional relationships with Insurers, balancing the clients’ best interests with respect for Insurers’ underwriting standards and binding authority
· Follow-up for cancellations, late renewals and client/Insurer requests. Expiry lists, exclusion reports and follow-up reports are run regularly and must be addressed thoroughly and promptly.
· Ensure that liability certificates and/or binders are sent out on late renewals, if documents not received and processed within 10 days of expiry
· Review incoming mail and courier documents and promptly re-distribute renewals and endorsements to TA’s for processing; review new business policies for accuracy before relaying documents for processing
· Work together with TA’s as requested on more complex renewals/ endorsements/requests.
· Reviewing completed work for TA’s; assisting with customized letters written on behalf of producer
· Reviewing organization/presentation of paperwork before passing to producer; completing applications as fully as possible before relaying to producer/client
· Remarket policies for the most competitive and complete coverage if premiums have risen excessively, if broader coverages are available, or as requested by client; review files for possible additional discounts.
· Prompt notification to clients, of impending Direct Bill due dates and amounts
· Record all calls, correspondence and transactions on computer system, in full detail, and issue documents (binders, liability slips, certificates, etc)
· Update and maintain TAM screens, on an ongoing basis, including contact information, updating applications as changes are requested, and also updating status and cancellation reasons for cancelled risks; ongoing clean-out and organization of paper files, where applicable
· As necessary, input data into Insurer systems and/or formats for requesting policy documents or changes, accurately, promptly and following underwriting rules established by Insurer
· Ongoing upkeep and organization of manuals and other reference materials
· Contribution to and maintenance of the professional atmosphere and appearance of the office
· Participation in continuing education programs, as available
· Full participation in the team effort to continuously improve all aspects of service.
About Insurance Career Network Inc.
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment.
TO APPLY: Register and submit your resume through this site or email your resume to email@example.com or call Francis for more information 416 703-5120 x200.