Established in 1955 our client is one of Canada’s leading independently owned insurance brokerages. For over fifty years, they have built the organization on the complete satisfaction of their clients and the highly respected insurance companies they represent. It is this distinction that sets them apart and reflects their fundamental values of professionalism, integrity and courtesy. They offer traditional commercial coverages but also specialize in institutional programs, hard-to-place risks, and specialized lines. Associated with offices across North America, our client has national and international expertise as well as cross-border facilities to service private and public sector clients.
Currently looking for experienced Commercial Insurance Brokers knowledgeable, expert advisors in commercial lines insurance. Managing a book of business in the commercial programs division, servicing clients in a courteous and professional manner, and assisting the producer in obtaining, maintaining, and expanding business.
- Responsible for managing a renewal book of business
- Works closely with Producers and other staff on all aspects of client service, marketing, and renewal while adhering to best practices and standard procedures.
- Initiate account planning with Producer 90 days in advance of the renewal
- Set clear expectation for client and business partners by providing same day response time
- In collaboration with Producers; coordinate, support plans, discuss arising issues and create comprehensive plans for existing clients
- Develops new business from existing accounts and assigned leads, and contributes to meeting departmental production goals. Identifies and follows-up on cross-selling opportunities when appropriate
- Responsible for the preparation of renewal proposals for existing clients
- Manage account documentation (i.e., routine inquires, quotes, binders, statement of values, insurance contracts, endorsements, cancellations, etc.)
- Review client’s current coverage and exposures, loss experience and analyze risk to determine the product/service requirements
- Maintain up-to-date SigXP workflow documentation and ensures workflows are followed
- Ensure accurate and timely servicing and billing of accounts
- Participate actively in cross-sell campaigns and other initiatives as required
- Actively develop an increased knowledge of related insurance products and client needs
- May participate in or conduct client meetings when necessary
- Participate in training and professional development courses to enhance skills and industry knowledge
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 5 years of commercial insurance experience required
- University degree preferred
- R.I.B.O license required
- Working towards C.I.P. or C.A.I.B. designation
- A team player with a strong work ethic
- An unwavering commitment to delivering professionalism and expertise to our clients
- Computer proficiency in MS Office
- Experience with SigXP and Edocs is an asset.
About Insurance Career Network Inc.
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment.
TO APPLY: Register and submit your resume through this site or call Francis for more information 416 703-5120.