Our client is a Toronto based Insurance Broker with offices in several cities and provinces.
They are actively seeking a growth focused bookkeeper who is interested in being part of a winning culture and rapidly growing team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the day-to-day bookkeeping of the brokerage. The primary duties of the bookkeeper will be:
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily invoicing – agency and direct bill
- Daily deposit recording
- Weekly collections of aged receivables
- Monthly direct bill commission reconciliation
- Monthly agency bill commission reconciliation
- Monthly Credit Card reconciliation
- Scanning and attaching various documents
- Preparing mail
- Preparing cheques
- Assist with monthly bank reconciliation
- Other tasks related to bookkeeping
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in an accounting field related program
- Ability to be a self-starter with strong written and oral communication skills as well as organizational skills
- Superb interpersonal, communication, and effective problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of insurance brokers functions is an asset.
- Advanced skills in Outlook, Excel, Word
- Knowledge of the Broker Management System PowerBroker is an asset.
About Insurance Career Network Inc.
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment.
TO APPLY: Register and submit your resume through this site or email your resume to email@example.com or call Francis for more information 416 703-5120 x200.