Our client has been meeting the insurance needs of Canadian families and groups since 1981.
Their management team has over 100 years of combined experience and are committed to offering courteous and trustworthy service. Come and join this great team of Professionals!
Reports to: Vice President Commercial Lines
Senior Commercial Account Manager performs the essential functions of the position, which include and are not limited to servicing clients, assisting Associate Brokers and Customer Service Representatives. Specific services and marketing responsibilities required in this position. Meets service and sales delivery standards and performs essential functions to the quality and service standards.
· Manages Renewal Book and maintains GWP
· Developing house accounts, completing applications and submit to carriers for quote
· Schedules appointments with clients as requested by Vice President & Associate Brokers
· Abeyances and follow up, policies, endorsements, forms, maintains files and response requests
· Responsible for quotes, binders, certificates, policies, endorsements, and other related items
· Be part of the in-house team responsible for timely review of the renewal book to ensure renewals are issued and remarketed
· Reviews & audits commercial policies
· Negotiates with Underwriters
· Processes incoming mail and phone requests
· Use agency credit and collection policy in invoicing and pursuing prompt payments; request cancellations from the carrier according to carrier and RIBO standards
· Determines reasons for requests for cancellations’ showing initiative to try and save the account
· Processes and acts upon cancellation requests
· Assist clients in submitting first reports of claims, facilitates prompt response form carrier staff and follows up on claims status
· Identifies exposure(s) to loss, gap(s) in coverage(s) and recommends appropriate coverage in coordination with Vice President & Associate Brokers
· Sets priorities and manages workflow to ensure efficient, timely, and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities
· Keeps informed regarding industry and new product information, legislation, coverages, technology and performance
· Knowledgeable with Carrier Manuals
· Interacts with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed to achieve the business goals of the agency
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· College and/or University education with a minimum of 5 years insurance experience
· Ability to communicate orally and in writing with others to explain complex issues, receive and interpret complex information and respond appropriately
· Possess and Ontario RIBO license
· Ability to carry out complex tasks with many concrete and abstract variables
· Familiarity with computer and word processing programs
· Working knowledge of Power Broker, Compuquote, Autoplus, M.V.A, Building Valuation Systems (B.V.S), Carrier portals, Microsoft & Excel programs
· Flexibility to adapt to assignments as required
· Have a positive and outgoing attitude
· Be a team player
· Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment with significant telephone and personal disruption
About Insurance Career Network Inc.
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment.
TO APPLY: Register and submit your resume through this site or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Francis for more information 416 703-5120 x200.