Our client has three branches with a total staff in excess of 80 experienced individuals. They are respected as an accomplished, professional organization, well-positioned and well-established within the Canadian marketplace. Currently looking to replace a retirement.
Commercial Marketers work in close partnership with producers to provide superlative client service, reinforcing and developing relationships with both clients and insurers.
· For new policies, receive request for quotation and supporting info from Producers. Creation, review and revision of extensive, detailed documents designed as proposals and/or explicit explanations of insurance details. Submission of proposals to market, follow-up for quotation and negotiation of terms to provide the broadest coverage and wordings possible at competitive pricing, terms and conditions.
· Complete review and analysis of quotations or existing coverage, pinpointing gaps and making recommendations, presenting options and comparisons. Provide comparison to producer outlining enhancements and/or restrictions
· For renewals, review expiry lists with producer 75 – 90 days in advance of expiry, to determine specific action required for renewal process.
· For straightforward renewals, confirm renewal instructions with Producers to order documents directly. Provide support and mentoring, advising and answering questions as requested.
· For more complicated renewals, proceed as planned with Producers with a goal of ordering all documents 45 – 60 days prior to expiry. Negotiate optimum coverage and create proposals outlining recommendations, options and other suggestions.
· For renewals or new business, provide formal binding instructions to underwriters for agreed-upon coverages, immediately upon advice from producer. Issue binder of insurance or provide detailed instructions to assistant to do same, and review resulting documentation. Provide information for abeyance and invoicing to CSR, including any special requirements or commission terms. If final premium is not known, provisional premiums are to be invoiced upon binding.
· Verify that any other required documentation or information eg D&O app is provided to underwriter.
· Where documents for renewals being handled by marketer are not received within 15 days of expiry, direction to acct assistant to issue binders, liability cards and invoices; written confirmation of extensions or binding with markets
· Ongoing review of weekly expiry lists to account for all imminent expiries, conferring with Producers to verify status of renewals and confirm binder issuance.
· Weekly review of outstanding follow-ups with Producers; as requested, intervention with Insurers for outstanding items
· For endorsements – receive instructions from Producers and relay request to Insurers, negotiating where necessary, updating information in system and entering abeyance to account manager.
· Once documents are received, review same prior to passing to Producer. Correction of any errors or order same from Insurers
· Direction of Administrative Assistant in producing certificates and other documentation as required
· Providing assistance and mentoring for less experienced staff, acting as a resource both for technical coverages and strategies for negotiation; providing leadership and accountability with respect to efficient flow of information and documents between clients and Insurers.
· For programs – participation in negotiating program terms and assist with team efforts for document production.
· Provide advice on market capacity, underwriting criteria and rating issues and competitive factors that may be encountered. Participate and provide direction in market selection process in conjunction with Producers
· As requested by producers, occasional participation in client discussions
· Establish and develop rapport and strong working relationships with Insurer representatives. Ongoing market development and monitoring of industry trends, communicating pertinent issues to other staff members and management.
· Assist in updating the marketing files and information resources for all staff
· Assist with balancing of portfolios, with attention to market share, mix of business and particular appetites of various Insurers
· Maintenance of proper file documentation, including recording all calls and correspondence, activities, abeyances and summaries within TAM system, all in accordance with Company procedures
· Contribute and maintain professional atmosphere and appearance of the office.
· Participate in continuing education programs as available (also required by RIBO).
· Other projects and/or duties as needed and requested by management.
About Insurance Career Network Inc.
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment.
TO APPLY: Register and submit your resume through this site or email your resume to email@example.com or call Francis for more information 416 703-5120 x200.