Our client is a nation-wide one-stop shop insurance brokerage that has 30-years of experience. They are a growth-oriented and results driven organization. They provide insurance solutions to the trucking industry and also sell to other industries. They help employees win at work and succeed at life. They want to work with people who love what they do and have a blast doing it.
Our client is looking for a pro-active, motivated individual to join their service team. Applicants should have proven, strong skills, a desire to deliver results and strong interpersonal skills.
The applicant must possess impeccable character and have values that align with the company’s values. The position of Commercial Lines Customer Service Broker is primarily responsible for the service, including computer input and update, of a section of commercial accounts and to provide prompt, and courteous communication to insured’s, sales agents and insurance companies regarding those accounts.
Work needs to be completed daily with a sense of urgency and understanding that accuracy is very important. Organization and attention to detail is necessary. The Commercial Lines Customer Service Broker needs to be able to create and maintain meaningful professional relationships with clients, understand the overall plan for the company and then set specific goals for contributing to the plan.
The position offers a base salary plus commission and bonus, group benefits and RSP program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist in New and Renewal Policies –Conduct the Annual Protection Review with clients prior to renewal. Collaborate with the Renewal Specialist in renewal strategy, gathering, client information, submission, negotiation with underwriters and binding.
· Policy Maintenance – Check for accuracy and completeness of all premium transactions issued by insurance companies and finance companies before invoicing and distribution. Invoice and distribute to client with appropriate follow-up.
Receive, document and process all insured’s requests for service and to submit this information to insurance companies within the Company’s binding authority and standards. Process all correspondence for accounts within company standards on all premium bearing, nonpremium bearing, and non-coverage and coverage items.
· Customer Service – Ensure we maximize all opportunities to service client needs with a proactive solution philosophy versus reactive problem solving by embracing relationship management either on phone, in-office or at customer meetings. Use all opportunities with all customers and prospects to support the overall company goals.
· Sales & Marketing – Assist in the Company marketing and sales strategies and goals at every opportunity for all lines of business.
· Projects – Provide assistance with various on-going and ad-hoc projects, reports and presentations.
· Minimum 3-5 years’ work related experience.
· Community College Certificate or equivalent.
· Passion for working with customers, building relationships and achieving measurable goals.
· Ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
· Stay organized, focused and in control.
· High performance team player with minimum supervision, a take charge kind of person.
· Positive attitude and ability to work with a team.
· Innovative thinking – able to look for new, sometimes unconventional approaches to getting the job done.
· Advanced problem-solving skills.
· High degree of business acumen and Emotional Intelligence.
· Attention to detail and accuracy.
· Passion for excellence.
· Expert Microsoft Office Skills
· Knowledge of The Agency Manager broker software as asset.
· Insurance experience an asset.
· Fluent in French and Punjabi an asset.
About Insurance Career Network Inc.
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment.
TO APPLY: Register and submit your resume through this site or call Francis for more information 416 703-5120.