Our client is one of Ontario’s leading Independent Insurance Brokerages presently seeking a Vice President, Personal Lines to join their Executive Team.
Reporting directly to the President, you will lead the Brokerage’s Personal Lines, Inside Sales, Technical Services (TSR) and Administration Departments while working alongside the President and the Firm’s Executive Team to lead the Brokerage and collaborate on macro-level operational items.
Responsibilities of this role include:
– Leadership and mentoring the Personal Lines, TSR, Inside Sales and Administration teams with the teams working in a hybrid work environment (3 days at the office and 2 days working from home)
– Mentoring of department Team Leaders who will be direct reports of the Vice President
– Recruitment, hiring, onboarding and training of new staff in cooperation with Team Leaders
– Responsible for achievement of departmental objectives as established by the President
– Establishment of onboarding and ongoing training programs for departmental staff
– Point of contact for insurer partners as relating to Personal Lines
– Participate in Personal Lines meetings with Insurer Partners at the brokerage level
– Underwriting of Personal Lines applications for the departments in accordance with brokerage Guidelines, provide underwriting exceptions and act as front line underwriter for insurers where underwriting authority has been delegated to the Brokerage
– Successful intake and integration of brokerage acquisitions into the departments
– Establishment of future new business initiatives for inside sales department
– Work with our Group Business Development Manager to grow our Group home and auto portfolio
– Represent Company Leadership Team at various events & meetings
– Collaborate with Executive Team on opportunities, challenges and issues that affect the Brokerage
We are looking for a candidate with these qualifications:
– Minimum of 5 years’ experience leading and managing a team in either a brokerage or insurer setting
– RIBO licensed or willing/able to obtain a RIBO license prior to commencement of employment
– University Degree or College Diploma in Business preferred
– CIP or similar designation preferred
– Extensive knowledge of personal lines underwriting and products
– Experience in training and implementation of training programs
– Strong knowledge of Human Resources procedures
– Extensive knowledge of Applied Rater
– Experience with Power Broker BMS an asset
– Ability to “think outside the box”
– Excellent organizational skills and the ability to “organize minutia”
– Competitive base salary commensurate with experience and credentials
– Participation in Firm’s Executive Bonus Program
– Group Benefits Insurance for LTD, Health, Dental, etc.
– Access to Company’s Group Auto & Home Insurance Program
– Company Cell Phone
– Paid Vacation and Personal Days
– Team Building and social events
– Modern, upscale office environment close to all major highways
– The opportunity to help lead one of Ontario’s leading independent brokerages
This is a full time in office position with the ability to work from home on occasion
About Insurance Career Network Inc.
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment.
TO APPLY: Register and submit your resume through this site or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Francis for more information 416 703-5120 x200.