Our client is one of Ontario’s leading Independent Insurance Brokerages. They are currently seeking a Team Leader – Inside Sales & Group to join their Team. Reporting directly to the Vice-President Operations and Administration, this individual will lead the Firm’s Inside Sales & Group Home & Auto Insurance Divisions. Your success stems from developing and supporting an effective team of sales professionals.
Our client is an established, diverse and friendly large brokerage with their head office located in Markham, Ontario.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Leadership and mentoring of a 6-person (and growing) sales team
- Recruitment, hiring, onboarding and training of new staff for the sales team
- Responsible for achievement of departmental sales and renewal retention objectives
- Establishment of onboarding and ongoing training programs for departmental staff
- Underwriting of Personal Lines applications for the departments in accordance with brokerage Guidelines
- Successful intake and integration of brokerage acquisitions into the departments
- Establishment of future new business initiatives for inside sales department
- Represent Company Leadership Team at various events & meetings
- Manage a portfolio of existing House and/or Group accounts including
- Review of the account on an annual basis
- Offer guidance and expertise on the best course of action for each client
- Remarketing the account if necessary
- Payment issues, cross selling and up-selling when possible.
- Provide new customers within our Group and House divisions the best insurance solutions for their needs.
- Review quotes and recommend coverage based on individual needs. Access to products from over 30 insurance companies and there will be no cold calling required for the team.
- Maintaining professional relationships with Insurers and underwriter
We are looking for a candidate with these qualifications:
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience leading and managing a team in a brokerage
· RIBO licensed
· University Degree or College Diploma in Business an asset
· Extensive knowledge of personal lines underwriting and products
· Experience in training and implementation of training programs
· Sales and underwriting experience preferred
· Extensive knowledge of Applied Rater
· Experience with Power Broker BMS an asset
· Ability to “think outside the box”
· Excellent organizational skills and the ability to “organize minutia”
– Competitive base salary commensurate with experience and credentials
– Group Benefits Insurance for LTD, Health, Dental, etc.
– Team Building and social events
– Modern, upscale office environment close to all major highways
– The opportunity to help lead one of Ontario’s leading independent brokerages
Our client offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Group Benefits Plan, paid vacation, and financial support in furthering your insurance education.
About Insurance Career Network Inc.
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment.
TO APPLY: Register and submit your resume through this site or email your resume to email@example.com or call Francis for more information 416 703-5120 x200.