Our client is a major Insurance Company with branches across Canada.
CALGARY OR EDMONTON
As a senior member of the management team, the Regional Director is accountable for the broker distribution channel within their region to sell and underwrite the Company insurance products. This includes developing, implementing and maintaining a 1 – 2 year business plan for the Region and an optimal organization design to deliver the highest level business plan results and performance metrics. The successful candidate will accomplish this by:
- Continually assessing the competition and market opportunities within the region on a regular basis to identify strengths, opportunities, weaknesses and threats, and developing and implementing appropriate action plans.
- Selecting, developing and managing a capable team.
- Ensuring high levels of Employee Engagement by developing employee engagement strategies & employee development plans.
- Providing input to the Pembridge Brand strategic and tactical plans and directions and ensuring understanding of both the Company Business Plan and directions within the regional team.
- Ensuring a clear understanding of all employees on our underwriting approach & philosophy.
- Ensuring the delivery of optimal regional results within appropriate performance metrics including quality, quantity, timeliness, productivity, customer satisfaction and financial performance.
- Ensuring the development and maintenance of appropriate policies, practices, selling techniques and continuous development initiatives to provide stability, growth and competitive advantage within the region.
- Developing and maintaining effective strategic partnerships with Company brokers in the region.
- Establishing and enhancing Company Brand profile in the industry and in the community by participating in worthwhile business and community events.
- Supporting Company retention and growth goals through the development, implementation and monitoring of function specific strategies to enhance policyholder and broker satisfaction levels.
- Develop & maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with all departments, leveraging the relationships to help deliver on the key deliverables.
- Qualifications and Experience Required:
- ØUniversity degree/College diploma and CIP designation or active participation in CIP courses.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive business experience includes sales, marketing, underwriting operations and general management.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in leadership and staff development, including proven success in leading a team.
- Extensive knowledge of the market and the brokers within the market.
- Excellent influencing, collaboration and facilitation skills.
- Ability to identify, analyze and provide business-case solutions to complex problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
About Insurance Career Network
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment.
Register and submit your resume through this site or call Francis for more information 416 703-5120.