As the successful candidate on our Underwriting team, your responsibilities will include:
- multi-line commercial underwriting (property & casualty) in accordance with underwriting standards and guidelines
- liaise with brokers, clients, and account managers on questions of policy issues and interpretation of coverage
What you bring:
- Minimum 3 – 5 years related experience preferred.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience.
CIP or working towards would be an asset
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Analytical and judgment skills required
- Attention to detail is essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products,
- Highly organized to manage workflow efficiently
About Frank Cowan Company
Why choose Frank Cowan Company:
- A professional and motivating team environment where contributions are valued
- An entrepreneurial culture that has helped build a company with a strong history and exciting future
- We offer great benefits, professional development support and competitive pay with incentives
- Other great perks including, a recognition program, a fitness rebate, recognition of service milestones, work-life balance and much more!
Located in Princeton, Ontario, under half an hour from Woodstock, Brantford and Cambridge, just off the 403 or 401!
We are proud of our past, and excited about the future!
Since the opening of our doors in 1927, Frank Cowan Company has established itself as a leader in providing specialized insurance programs including risk management and claims services across Canada. We have proven industry knowledge gained through 85 years of partnering with insurance companies and independent brokers, giving us the ability to effectively manage the necessary risk and advisory and claims services for both standard and complex issues.
How to Apply
We invite interested candidates submit their resume and salary expectations in confidence to email@example.com
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employee candidates will be selected strictly on the basis of an individual's technical qualifications, knowledge and experience, as they relate to the requirements of a particular position. Selections will be made without regard to: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex, sexual orientation, handicaps (physical or mental), age, marital status, family status, or the receipt of public assistance or record of offences.