This is a telecommuter role servicing the London/Windsor area. The successful candidate will handle field inspections, technical support to adjusters and quality control by completing audits of desk inspections.
- Monitor building estimates prepared by independent appraisers and certified contractors to ensure compliance with quality standards and procedures.
- Provide technical support. Act as a mediator for settling disputes.
- Advise suppliers on file evaluation criteria and keep them up to date whenever there are any changes. Act as a resource person for suppliers.
- Produce reports on implemented controls, analyze results and make recommendations.
- Provide his/her manager with suggestions to impact loss ratio, in line with what has been observed through control activities.
- In cooperation with the manager, develop and update a general estimation guide for damaged buildings.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 4 years of relevant experience
- Other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Claims Settlement Expert Certificate
- Xactimate experience is required
- Construction background required (i.e.contractors, project managers, appraisers)
- Water Damage drying and cleaning knowledge (strong asset)
- Asbestos treatment (an asset)
- Decision quality
- Interpersonal savvy
- Problem solving
- Written communications
- Professionalism and attention to detail