You’re a people person who enjoys building long-lasting relationships with insurance carriers, industry leaders and your colleagues.
You’re detail-oriented with strong problem solving skills that will enable you to put together solid solutions for our clients.
You’re passionate about the insurance industry with an eagerness to learn and develop your skillset.
If you’re nodding, this Commercial Account Representative role at Cowan Insurance Group may be perfect for you!
What’s the ask?
This individual will work closely with the Commercial Account Executives to provide exceptional service for new and existing clients within our programs. Programs currently managed by the team include condominiums, driving schools, hearing practitioners, limousine, car dealerships, recyclers, and self-storage. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with the Commercial Account Executives to build and managing relationships with clients to maximize sales and retention.
- Lead the renewal process by reviewing expiry lists with the Commercial Account Executive and preparing the renewal package as per service standards
- Work with the Commercial Account Executive to gather renewal information, complete applications, provide front line underwriting, negotiate renewal terms with carrier, review renewal quotes and prepare proposal for client
- Review new business and renewal policies to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Manage the client account administration including new account setup on bound policies, endorsements, cancellations, certificate requests, payment reminder letters, and other day to day requests from clients and insurance companies
- Maintain accurate account billing and correct accounting discrepancies in a timely manner
- Complete and supply necessary documentation to clients, Commercial Account Executives, and insurers
- Contribute to the client relationship by providing customer service excellence in all client dealings and attend client meetings as may be required
- Maintain knowledge of all CIG lines of business for referral and cross-selling recommendations to clients
What does it take?
- RIBO license required
- Experience in servicing commercial insurance accounts
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel)
- Experience with EPIC would be an asset
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of client exposures
- Strong problem identification and resolution skills
- Ability to manage high volume while maintaining attention to detail
- Professional, proactive, and positive work attitude is essential
- CAIB or CIP designations (or working toward designations) would be an asset
About Cowan Insurance Group
Canadian-owned and operated, Cowan Insurance Group is a leading independent insurance brokerage and consulting operation, providing real value to our clients. With close to 500 employees operating out of 12 locations across Canada, we’re proud to have been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2012.
We partner with leading national and international insurance companies to:
- deliver insurance and risk management solutions to businesses, organizations and individuals
- advise on and create retirement, group benefits, disability management and international benefits programs for employee groups.
We also offer wealth and asset management as well as financial and succession planning services to individuals, and specialize in property, casualty and credit insurance.
Challenge your thinking
You're valued for your passion, drive and creativity and given the support to do your best work. At Cowan Insurance Group, the pace is fast but the work is meaningful, interesting and complex, just like you like it.
Be in good company
Integrity matters. It drives our culture and fuels our collective desire to help our clients and communities thrive. At work, we’re a team; friendly, supportive and collaborative.
We believe in your potential. If you're looking to develop your expertise with learning opportunities and mentoring, we'll make that happen.
Benefits and perks
- Competitive salary
- Participate in our comprehensive benefits plan on day one — no waiting period
- Company-matched Retirement Plan
- Company-paid training and development courses
- Community involvement
Are you interested?
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews. If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employee candidates will be selected strictly on the basis of an individual's technical qualifications, knowledge and experience, as they relate to the requirements of a particular position. Selections will be made without regard to: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex, sexual orientation, handicaps (physical or mental), age, marital status, family status, or the receipt of public assistance or record of offences.