We’re looking for a self-motivated, sales-orientated individual to grow our Commercial Lines business. Reporting to the Sales Manager Commercial Insurance, you will work with our commercial lines teams in developing and delivering effective sales strategies to meet growth and revenue targets. You will be responsible for developing and managing a multi-channel lead generation program, establishing a prospect pipeline and creating sales opportunities as well as supporting the annual business planning process and other strategic business development initiatives.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead sales profiling and market research
- Conduct cold calling and follow ups with prospective prospects
- Manage the pipeline including analytics, ROI and KPI’s for reporting
- Implement and execute marketing campaigns
- Prepare sales presentations and marketing material
- Contribute to the RFP process
- Develop referral strategies and process mapping
- RIBO licensed or ability to obtain
- 3-5 years sales and business development experience
- Previous experience in the insurance industry
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and prioritize competing demands
- Attention to detail and well developed organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong problem identification and resolution skills
- A motivated self-starter and problem solver
- Professional, proactive, and positive work attitude is essential
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel) and TAM
- CAIB or CIP designation (or working towards designation) would be an asset
About Cowan Insurance Group
A pre-eminent Canadian owned and operated insurance brokerage and consulting operation, Cowan Insurance Group represents leading national and international insurance companies. Cowan specializes in property, casualty and credit insurance, providing the best value to businesses, organizations and individuals for their insurance and risk management needs. The organization also advises and creates retirement, group benefits, disability management and international benefits programs for employee groups and offers wealth management, financial planning and succession planning services to individuals through its wholly owned financial services subsidiary. Cowan Insurance Group has over 450 employees and currently operates in ten locations across Ontario. For additional information about Cowan Insurance Group, please refer to www.cowangroup.ca.
Why choose Cowan Insurance Group:
- A professional and motivating team environment where contributions are valued
- An entrepreneurial culture that has helped build a company with a strong history and exciting future
- We offer great benefits, professional development support and competitive pay with incentives
- Other great perks including, a recognition program, a fitness rebate, recognition of service milestones, work-life balance and much more!
How to Apply
We invite interested candidates submit their resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employee candidates will be selected strictly on the basis of an individual's technical qualifications, knowledge and experience, as they relate to the requirements of a particular position. Selections will be made without regard to: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex, sexual orientation, handicaps (physical or mental), age, marital status, family status, or the receipt of public assistance or record of offences.