You are client focused — proactively delivering employee benefit and group retirement plan solutions to clients and partners.
You’re a relationship builder — striking a meaningful conversation with a client, colleagues and our internal partners.
You’re a problem solver — offering unique, customized solutions to meet your clients’ complex insurance & retirement needs
You’re an organized, multi-tasker – prioritizing and managing competing demands, with an eye for the detail
If you’re nodding, this Account Manager, Business Development role at Cowan Insurance Group may be perfect for you!
What’s the ask?
The Account Manager is responsible for providing fast paced sales and service support to our business development team and clients. You’ll support a diverse team and client base in a number of areas including drafting annual plan reviews, coordinating plan marketing, designing and presenting employee communication sessions and participating in client meetings. You will also manage client deliverables and additional projects as required. This is a great opportunity to work in a rapid paced environment on our quickly growing Global Benefits team.
Specifically, the Account Manager, Business Development will:
- Establish and build strong client, partner and carrier relationships;
- Take initiative seeking out business development opportunities;
- Apply strategic account management principles to achieve sales initiatives;
- Maintain the highest service standards for our Global Benefits clients
- Identify Cowan Insurance Group cross-selling opportunities within a block of clients;
- Contribute to peer group through meetings, and collaboration.
What does it take?
- You’re LLQP licensed or willing to obtain (we will cover the training course & tuition)
- Completed post-secondary education or a combination of equivalent professional experience and training
- 3+ years of employee benefits
- Experience in cross border and international benefits
- Strong negotiation and client advocacy skills
- Self-motivated, organized, service-oriented individual
- Ability to effectively manage conflicting priorities
- Ability to build effective relationships with clients and employees
- Capable of working remotely and/or from office base inter-changeably
- Travel may be required
About Cowan Insurance Group
Canadian-owned and operated, Cowan Insurance Group is a leading independent insurance brokerage and consulting operation, providing real value to our clients. With close to 500 employees operating out of 12 locations across Canada, we’re proud to have been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2012.
We partner with leading national and international insurance companies to:
- deliver insurance and risk management solutions to businesses, organizations and individuals
- advise on and create retirement, group benefits, disability management and international benefits programs for employee groups.
We also offer wealth and asset management as well as financial and succession planning services to individuals, and specialize in property, casualty and credit insurance.
Challenge your thinking
You're valued for your passion, drive and creativity and given the support to do your best work. At Cowan Insurance Group, the pace is fast but the work is meaningful, interesting and complex, just like you like it.
Be in good company
Integrity matters. It drives our culture and fuels our collective desire to help our clients and communities thrive. At work, we’re a team; friendly, supportive and collaborative.
We believe in your potential. If you're looking to develop your expertise with learning opportunities and mentoring, we'll make that happen.
Benefits and perks
- Competitive salary
- Participate in our comprehensive benefits plan on day one — no waiting period
- Company-matched Retirement Plan
- Company-paid training and development courses
- Community involvement
Are you interested?
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews. If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employee candidates will be selected strictly on the basis of an individual's technical qualifications, knowledge and experience, as they relate to the requirements of a particular position. Selections will be made without regard to: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex, sexual orientation, handicaps (physical or mental), age, marital status, family status, or the receipt of public assistance or record of offences.