Are you a personal line insurance expert? Does solve complex insurance needs excite you? Plus, do you have a knack for building long lasting relationships? If you answer is “yes”, read on to learn more about this Relationship Manager role.
What’s the role?
Reporting to the Supervisor of Cowan INFINITE, the Relationship Manager is responsible for providing service excellence to our Private Clients in INFINITE. Use your in-depth understanding of personal insurance; you will be offering advice to our Private Clients on how to improve the effectiveness of their portfolio based on their individual needs. You will also focus on prospecting new clients.
Leverage our diverse books of business, you will proactively find opportunities to recommend cross line insurance products to our clients.
- Deliver proactive and prompt client service to our Private Clients in relation to all Personal Insurance needs
- Provide timely and effective resolutions to Private Clients requests or concerns, escalating them through appropriate internal channels
- Educate prospective Private Clients on our Insurance, Wealth Planning and Asset Management offerings and identify referral opportunities within our other lines of business
- Develop, prepare and present comprehensive annual renewals to Private Clients as well as insurance proposals for prospective clients
- Develop, implement and execute a retention strategy for the client’s portfolio
What does it take?
- RIBO License or ability to obtain
- Exceptional relationship-builder and networker with strong interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), and presentation skills
- Highly developed client service skills. After hours client support may be required.
- Previous Personal Insurance experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
- CAIB or CIP designation (or working towards designation) would be an asset
- Chartered Private Risk & Insurance Advisor (CPRIA) certification or working/willing to work towards
Challenge your thinking
You’re valued for your passion, drive and creativity and given the support to do your best work. At Cowan Insurance Group, the pace is fast but the work is meaningful, interesting and complex, just like you like it.
Be in good company
Integrity matters. It drives our culture and fuels our collective desire to help our clients and communities thrive. At work, we’re a team; friendly, supportive and collaborative.
We believe in your potential. If you’re looking to develop your expertise with learning opportunities and mentoring, we’ll make that happen.
Benefits and perks
- Competitive salary
- Participate in our comprehensive pension and benefits plan on day one — no waiting period
- Company-matched Registered Pension Plan
- Company-paid training and development courses
- Community involvement
Are you interested?
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and share your unique story with us.
About Cowan Insurance Group
As a prominent Canadian-owned and operated independent insurance brokerage and consulting operation, Cowan Insurance Group provides real value in insurance and risk management solutions to businesses, organizations and individuals. We’re proud to be named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies seven years in a row (2012 to 2019).
Approaching 500 employees and operating out of 12 locations across Canada, we partner with leading national and international insurance companies to advise on and create retirement, group benefits, disability management and international benefits programs for employee groups. We also offer wealth and asset management as well as financial and succession planning services to individuals, and specialize in property, casualty and credit insurance.