You’re knowledgeable in the personal lines insurance industry with policies, products and customer service.
You’re a communicator – strong communication skills both verbally and in writing.
You’re passionate about providing excellent customer service and you thrive in a fast paced environment.
If you’re answer is yes, check out our Relationship Manager role at Cowan Insurance Group.
What’s the ask?
Reporting to the Manager, Cowan INFINTE this role will be responsible to provide service excellence to our Private Clients in INFINITE.
- Responsible for providing proactive and exceptional servicing as well as maintaining an existing portfolio of Private Clients
- Pursue new business through effective prospecting and cross lines selling of existing Private Clients.
- Build long-term relationships with existing Private Clients to gain a deep understanding of their Personal Insurance needs to deliver on client expectations
- Provide timely and effective resolutions to Private Clients issues or concerns, escalating them through appropriate internal channels.
- Educate prospective Private Clients on our Insurance, Wealth Planning and Asset Management offerings and identify referral opportunities within our other lines of business.
- Develop, prepare and present comprehensive annual renewals to Private Clients as well as insurance proposals for prospective clients.
- Develop, implement and execute a retention strategy for their portfolio.
What does it take?
- RIBO License or ability to obtain
- Exceptional relationship-builder and networker with strong interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), and presentation skills.
- Highly developed client service skills. After hours client support may be required.
- Previous Personal Insurance experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines,
- CAIB or CIP designation (or working towards designation) would be an asset.
- Chartered Private Risk & Insurance Advisor (CPRIA) certification or working/willing to work towards.
About Cowan Insurance Group
Canadian-owned and operated, Cowan Insurance Group is a leading independent insurance brokerage and consulting operation, providing real value to our clients. With close to 500 employees operating out of 12 locations across Canada, we’re proud to have been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2012.
We partner with leading national and international insurance companies to:
- deliver insurance and risk management solutions to businesses, organizations and individuals
- advise on and create retirement, group benefits, disability management and international benefits programs for employee groups.
We also offer wealth and asset management as well as financial and succession planning services to individuals, and specialize in property, casualty and credit insurance.
Challenge your thinking
You're valued for your passion, drive and creativity and given the support to do your best work. At Cowan Insurance Group, the pace is fast but the work is meaningful, interesting and complex, just like you like it.
Be in good company
Integrity matters. It drives our culture and fuels our collective desire to help our clients and communities thrive. At work, we’re a team; friendly, supportive and collaborative.
We believe in your potential. If you're looking to develop your expertise with learning opportunities and mentoring, we'll make that happen.
Benefits and perks
- Competitive salary
- Participate in our comprehensive benefits plan on day one — no waiting period
- Company-matched Retirement Plan
- Company-paid training and development courses
- Community involvement
Are you interested?
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews. If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employee candidates will be selected strictly on the basis of an individual's technical qualifications, knowledge and experience, as they relate to the requirements of a particular position. Selections will be made without regard to: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex, sexual orientation, handicaps (physical or mental), age, marital status, family status, or the receipt of public assistance or record of offences.