We are hiring for a Technical Support Broker in our Cambridge office.
What’s the ask?
The successful candidate will provide marketing support for the Business Development Executive in the Cowan INFINITE Platinum team (VIP) through various administrative responsibilities such as preparing customized client renewals and proposals, endorsements, new business and cancellation documentation specific for the Platinum client. In addition, the successful candidate will proactively work with and engage with our insurance markets to ensure that the Business Development Executive is fully supported along with other technical support duties.
What does it take?
- RIBO license or ability to obtain
- Previous insurance experience an asset
- Able to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Able to take initiative, prioritize and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in a customer service setting
- Strong communication (verbal/written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, be flexible, and move from one priority to another while maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Advanced skills in MS Office
- Previous experience with TAM (The Agency Manager) is an asset
- CAIB or CIP designation (or working towards designation) would be an asset
Why should you choose us?
People — We’re an independent, private-owned company with a cozy family feel — “We care about what you care about.”
Impact — We count on you to take ownership and make your mark.
Growth — Our multi-line businesses in various locations offers many career paths and advance opportunities.
Benefits and perks
- Competitive salary
- Participate in our comprehensive pension and benefits plan on day one — no waiting period
- Company-matched Registered Pension Plan
- Company-paid training and development courses
- Community involvement
About Cowan Insurance Group
A pre-eminent Canadian owned and operated insurance brokerage and consulting operation, Cowan Insurance Group represents leading national and international insurance companies. Cowan specializes in property, casualty and credit insurance, providing the best value to businesses, organizations and individuals for their insurance and risk management needs. The organization also advises and creates retirement, group benefits, disability management and international benefits programs for employee groups and offers wealth management, financial planning and succession planning services to individuals through its wholly owned financial services subsidiary. Cowan Insurance Group has over 450 employees and currently operates in ten locations across Ontario. For additional information about Cowan Insurance Group, please refer to www.cowangroup.ca.
How to Apply
We invite interested candidates submit their resume in confidence to email@example.com. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews. If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employee candidates will be selected strictly on the basis of an individual's technical qualifications, knowledge and experience, as they relate to the requirements of a particular position. Selections will be made without regard to: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex, sexual orientation, handicaps (physical or mental), age, marital status, family status, or the receipt of public assistance or record of offences.