This position is primarily responsible for duties associated with collecting money owed to the company by various third parties. Reviews, analyzes and determines subrogation potential on all assigned files. Must understand coverage, policy interpretation and exposure recognition and liability determination at all levels of the claim to plan the further course of action. Provides excellent customer service in handling subrogation claims. Other essential job responsibilities include:
· Negotiates liability, settlements and payment arrangements. Develops resolution plans by determining filing solutions (arbitration and suit) to recover payments where subrogation potential has been identified on basic subrogation claims.
· Interacts with field staff and investigative agencies/vendors to obtain documentation to assist in the recovery effort. Places liability parties or their carriers on notice by correspondence and phone contact. Documents files to include: conversations with all parties related to claim, correspondences, current file updates, subrogation analysis, file resolution recommendations and applicable negligence laws. Monitors claim throughout the subrogation process for final resolution.
· Assists internal and external customers with the resolution of minor questions.
· Post-secondary education, College and/or University Degree
· 3+ years of subrogation and/or claims experience.
· Proficiency with MS Office Suite of products
· Strong litigation management skills as will need to oversee litigation files
· Ability to manage relationships with both internal and external customers
· Ability to work independently and within collaborative team
· Highly developed analytical and judgment skills required
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· Superior negotiation and organizational skills and decision making ability
· Work well under deadlines in a changing environment
This position is subject to appropriate background checks that may include, credential, employment, credit, criminal and reference check.
About Insurance Career Network
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment.
Register and submit your resume through this site or call Francis for more information 416 703-5120.