The Contract Surety Underwriter Trainee is responsible for the analysis of financial statements and supporting documents for the purpose of recommending surety bond facilities for existing and new clientele with the primary focus in the Constructions industry. The successful candidate will prepare written reports for management, maintain business relationships with brokers and clients and will participate in industry events.
- University degree in Business, Economics, and/or Accounting is preferred;
- Two years of general insurance experience with a working knowledge of financial statements and/or experience in financial lines underwriting is required;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as strong marketing and negotiation skills are mandatory;
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a high-volume, fast-paced environment are necessary;
- Ability to work independently and collaborating with co-workers in a team setting
- Results driven and customer focused
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- This position is subject to appropriate background checks that may include, credential, employment, credit, criminal and reference checks.
About The Guarantee Company of North America
Our strength comes from our team. People dedicated to building relationships that last. If you’re energetic, client focused, and looking to bring your skills to one of the most trusted names in the Canadian insurance industry, we’d like to hear from you.
What we offer
At The Guarantee, we believe our employees make the difference. That’s why we provide a professional, motivating, team environment where contributions are valued. This belief, supported by an entrepreneurial culture focused on results, has helped build an organization with a strong history and an exciting future.
The Guarantee Company of North America is a leader in specialty insurance within the North American marketplace. We offer in-depth knowledge and expertise in niche segments, including the transportation industry, construction industry, corporate programs and customized personal insurance. For more information, visit theguarantee.com.
We invite interested candidates submit their resume in confidence to human.resources@princetonholdings. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews. If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employee candidates will be selected strictly on the basis of an individual's technical qualifications, knowledge and experience, as they relate to the requirements of a particular position. Selections will be made without regard to: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex, sexual orientation, handicaps (physical or mental), age, marital status, family status, or the receipt of public assistance or record of offences.