Job Summary: The successful candidate will be responsible for the investigation, negotiation and settlement of a variety of automobile and marine physical damage claims across Canada. The incumbent will assess coverage under the respective policies, communicate coverage positions or issues, determine appropriate reserves, retain services of specialists, as well as identify and purse maximum subrogated recoveries. He/she will work closely with brokers, adjusters, clients and the underwriting and appraisal departments ensuring claims are handled promptly and in a professional manner.
- Supervise vendor relationships to ensure optimum fulfillment of all obligations, commitments and agreements while maintaining a superior level of customer service.
- Ensure claims are handled promptly, professionally, with empathy and fairness
- Provide exceptional expertise and service to our clients and brokers
- Provide guidance and authority to Independent Adjusters
- Prompt reporting, documenting and analysis of coverage and recommendations for settlement
- Monitor adjusting costs including legal fees, expert fees and adjusting expenses
- Assist in the development and improvement of guidelines and parameters for the claims handling process.
- 3+ years of relevant claims experience
- Post-secondary education or equivalent work experience
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Detail-oriented with the highest standards for quality service
- Professional with very strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines
- CIP or working towards
- Superior negotiation skills
- Strong decision-making ability
- This position is subject to appropriate background checks that may include, credential, employment, credit, criminal and reference check.
About The Guarantee Company of North America
Our strength comes from our team. People dedicated to building relationships that last. If you’re energetic, client focused, and looking to bring your skills to one of the most trusted names in the Canadian insurance industry, we’d like to hear from you.
What we offer
At The Guarantee, we believe our employees make the difference. That’s why we provide a professional, motivating, team environment where contributions are valued. This belief, supported by an entrepreneurial culture focused on results, has helped build an organization with a strong history and an exciting future.
The Guarantee Company of North America is a leader in specialty insurance within the North American marketplace. We offer in-depth knowledge and expertise in niche segments, including the transportation industry, construction industry, corporate programs and customized personal insurance. For more information, visit theguarantee.com.
We invite interested candidates submit their resume in confidence to human.resources@princetonholdings. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews. If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employee candidates will be selected strictly on the basis of an individual's technical qualifications, knowledge and experience, as they relate to the requirements of a particular position. Selections will be made without regard to: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex, sexual orientation, handicaps (physical or mental), age, marital status, family status, or the receipt of public assistance or record of offences.