Job Summary: The Commercial Surety Underwriter Trainee is responsible for the analysis of financial statements and supporting documents for underwriting commercial surety accounts by conducting financial and surety credit analysis in order to make recommendations for new and existing clientele. He/she will be trained in the inter-relationships between credit analysis and the types of obligations that are guaranteed by surety bonds. This position involves the review and understanding of various types of legislation; municipal, provincial and federal. The successful candidate will have frequent contact with clients and ensure the development of broker relationships.
- University Degree in Commerce, Economics or Legal
- 3-5 years of business experience, preferable working in a field relevant to Commercial Surety bonds, or in a commercial insurance underwriting or brokerage capacity
- Experience interpreting and analysis of financial statements
- Detail-oriented with the highest standards for quality service
- Highly developed analytical and judgment skills required
- Professional with very strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong comprehensive skills
- Superior negotiation skills
- Strong decision-making ability
- Ability to work independently and be part of a team
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Proficiency in excel and MS Office Suite of products
- CIP or working towards an asset
- This position is subject to appropriate background checks that may include, credential, employment, credit, criminal and reference check.
About The Guarantee Company of North America
Our strength comes from our team. People dedicated to building relationships that last. If you’re energetic, client focused, and looking to bring your skills to one of the most trusted names in the Canadian insurance industry, we’d like to hear from you.
What we offer
At The Guarantee, we believe our employees make the difference. That’s why we provide a professional, motivating, team environment where contributions are valued. This belief, supported by an entrepreneurial culture focused on results, has helped build an organization with a strong history and an exciting future.
The Guarantee Company of North America is a leader in specialty insurance within the North American marketplace. We offer in-depth knowledge and expertise in niche segments, including the transportation industry, construction industry, corporate programs and customized personal insurance. For more information, visit theguarantee.com.
We invite interested candidates submit their resume in confidence to human.resources@princetonholdings. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews. If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employee candidates will be selected strictly on the basis of an individual's technical qualifications, knowledge and experience, as they relate to the requirements of a particular position. Selections will be made without regard to: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex, sexual orientation, handicaps (physical or mental), age, marital status, family status, or the receipt of public assistance or record of offences.