Opportunity: Senior Underwriter and Portfolio Manager
At The Guarantee we believe our employees make the difference. That’s why we provide a professional, motivating, team environment where contributions are valued. This belief, supported by an entrepreneurial culture, has helped build a company with a strong history and an exciting future
We are hiring for a Senior Underwriter and Portfolio Manager in our Montreal office.
Job Summary: The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the management of a D&O, Fidelity (commercial and FIB), Fiduciary and Miscellaneous E&O insurance portfolio. The portfolio will be constituted of Not-for-Profit Organizations, Private companies, Public companies and new economy corporations. He/she will analyze new businesses and renewals according to the risk appetite and underwriting guidelines of the company and will be responsible to grow the portfolio by maintaining current relationships with the brokerage community as well as by establishing new partnerships.
- 5-10 years previous underwriting experience of these lines of business
- Entrepreneurial flair to promote your expertise and to establish new partnerships with the brokerage community;
- Proven success in a business development role;
- University qualification in a relevant field (an asset) and/or relevant insurance designation and/or relevant experience;
- Bilingual (English and French) both oral and written
- You stay up-to-date with market innovations and you are able to see beyond numbers;
- You love finding original and creative solutions to a given problem;
- You are enthusiast and like to work in collaboration with your colleagues.
- This position is subject to appropriate background checks that may include, credential, employment, credit, criminal and reference checks.
We invite interested candidates submit their resume in confidence to email@example.com or by fax to: 519-650-6368. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews. If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employee candidates will be selected strictly on the basis of an individual’s technical qualifications, knowledge and experience, as they relate to the requirements of a particular position. Selections will be made without regard to: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex, sexual orientation, handicaps (physical or mental), age, marital status, family status, or the receipt of public assistance or record of offences.
About The Guarantee Company of North America
The Guarantee Company of North America is a leader in specialty insurance within the North American marketplace. We offer in-depth knowledge and expertise in niche segments, including the transportation industry, construction industry, corporate programs and customized personal insurance. For more information, visit theguarantee.com.