Pario Engineering & Environmental Sciences (Pario) in Concord is currently seeking a Senior Mechanical or Materials Forensic Engineer who is dynamic, motivated, and passionate about their career in Concord, Ontario. By joining a successful team like Pario you will have the opportunity to work on projects involving the forensic investigation of commercial, industrial, residential, products and environments. In this position, you will join a highly creative, collaborative and experienced team dedicated to innovative problem solving. A willingness to travel is a must.
– Attend loss locations to complete a detailed and comprehensive investigation to determine the origin and cause of the loss event.
– Interview various parties with regard to the incident, the structure and contents, and investigations that may have been completed prior to your involvement.
– Test according to ASTM and/or applicable standards to prepare assessment in anticipation of potential litigation
– Analyse electrical and mechanical failures; corrosive chemical failures, etc.
– Use non-destructive visual examinations such as Stereo microscopy, scanning electron microscopy, and optical microscopy to identify properties and failure modes of materials.
– Analyse root-cause failure.
– Metallurgical analysis.
– Assess electrochemical and corrosion susceptibility.
– Bulk and surface analysis.
– Develop innovative approaches for testing hypotheses.
– Lead project(s) from start to finish with limited supervision by Cause & Origin Engineering Lead.
– Provide clean, accurate, understandable and timely reports.
– Build and maintain strong client relationships.
– Seek out and attend relevant training in order to expand knowledge base and maintain up to date knowledge pertaining to forensic investigation.
– Maintain ISO procedures and standards, related to our accredited Laboratory.
Education, knowledge and experience required:
– Graduate of recognized Engineering Program (Mechanical or Materials engineering specialisation preferred).
– Licensed professional engineer, or the ability to be licensed required.
– Minimum 10+ years’ experience.
– Expert knowledge and understanding of relevant codes and standards, including the Ontario Building Code.
– Experience working in the insurance industry a MUST
– Class G driver’s license or equivalent as recognized by the Province of employment.
– Proficient in standard Microsoft Office (MS Word, Outlook & Excel)
– Ability to produce neat and legible handwritten notes, diagrams and sketches.
– Excellent oral and written communication.
– Extremely well organised with good interpersonal skills
– An aptitude for detailed observational skills
– Ability to discuss project budgets with clients and maintain continuous communications throughout a project.
– A willingness and passion to support the marketing and sales department through attendance at presentations and industry events.
– Experience working on large projects an asset.
– Proficiency with DSLR photography a plus.
– Available for frequent travel. Some travel out of province may be required.
About Pario Engineering and Environmental Sciences
Pario’s forensic engineers dig deep to find the causes of material, product, system and building failures. Our highly qualified experts and internationally accredited laboratory provide the solid evidence you need, whether it’s an insurance claim or lawsuit.
Pario is a full-service environmental consulting firm, specializing in site assessment, contaminated site remediation and hazardous materials identification and management.