This position involves working as a Commercial Lines Manager handling all matters relating to the staffing, retention and supervision of a commercial lines team. This candidate will be responsible for overseeing the daily work flows of team members and provide day-day-day direction, instruction and guidance to ensure company and team goals/objectives are being met.
The book of business handled within the unit consists mainly of Construction, Realty and Manufacturing and range from small to large-size accounts. The successful candidate must be highly motivated and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. You will become part of a team whose core objective is to service commercial clients’ needs and exceed their expectations.
Our client offers a competitive, salary-based, compensation package including group health and retirement benefits. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment with financial security and satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions
· Act as liaison between Company principals and a commercial lines team
· Perform Human Resources function, namely:
· Time and Attendance requests
· Determine the needs of personnel in the unit
· Participate in the recruitment phases with Human Resources to find a suitable candidate
· Provide projections for additional personnel needs
· Performance Management:
· Participate in setting department goals and effectively communicate department goals to team members
· Conduct all year-end and mid-year performance reviews
· Work with team members to set their own individual goals and establish how and when goals will be reviewed
· Foster an environment of communication, feedback and coaching:
· Provide advice and/or feedback to team members
· Establish and maintain regular team meetings to encourage team members to share opinions and new ideas
· Listen to team members’ feedback
· Maintain high level of knowledge and good business practices:
· Ensure Company’s ethical way of doing business is adhered to and best practices are always maintained
· Identify any gaps in a team member’s job knowledge or skills and make recommendations to close the gaps
· Encourage all team members to participate in available training and education programs
· Monitor that team members are effectively and correctly applying any new learning
· Provide training to team members as necessary
· Develop and promote positive team dynamics:
· Create and maintain a positive work environment built around trust, honesty, open communication and creative thinking
· Maintain healthy group dynamics
· Encourage a cohesive team effort in achieving team goals
· Engage with team members to gather their input and opinions
· Ensure team members are treated fairly
· Intervene when necessary to aid the team in resolving issues
· Responsible for monitoring the department’s account receivables
· Regulates the Commercial File Audits which are a requirement of the Errors & Omissions Insurance Carrier
· Three (3) to Five (5) years of experience handling commercial accounts and managing a commercial lines team within a brokerage and/or Insurance Company
· University Post-Secondary Education Completed
· RIBO Licence
· Knowledge of construction insurance
· CIP and/or CAIB designation
· Familiarity with The Agency Manager (TAM), and/or Compu-quote
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent organizational and time management abilities
· Self-motivation with ability to problem-solve with limited supervision
· Flexibility to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with changing priorities
· Ability to work independently and as a team member
· Technically proficient in Microsoft Office programs: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
About Insurance Career Network
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment.
Register and submit your resume through this site or call Francis for more information 416 703-5120.