This position involves working with and assisting a dynamic team of Account Executives on a diverse commercial insurance book of business in both servicing and marketing existing accounts as well as new business accounts. The book of business consists mainly of Construction, Realty and Manufacturing and range from small to mid-size accounts. The successful candidate must be highly motivated and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. They will become part of a team whose core objective is to service commercial clients’ needs and exceed their expectations.
By joining this team, you will become part of a rapidly, still-growing company that offers extensive training and frontline knowledge of the overall insurance industry. We offer a competitive, salary-based, compensation package including group health and retirement benefits, with future advancement opportunities within our organization.
Essential Job Functions
· Prepare and issue Certificates of Insurance including Liability, Automobile Leasing, Owned Contractor’s Equipment, Mortgagee and Tenant Certificates
· Work efficiently with TAM and Microsoft Excel in order to perform the following tasks:
· Assist in updating Summaries of Insurance for renewal, issuing proposals and Binders of Insurance
· Produce and update price comparisons
· Create renewal reviews including Outstanding Recommendations, Claims Review, and Additional Coverage(s)
· Request, check and invoice Policy Endorsements and renewal documents
· Manage own abeyances and assist with Account Executive’s abeyances
· Review prequalification documents and issue appropriate pre-qualification letters
· Review leases in order to issue appropriate Tenant Certificate
· Review and analyze Certificates received by our landlord and contractor clients ensuring that they meet contract/lease requirements
· Perform other related duties and projects, as required
· 3 to 5 years of experience in similar role – working knowledge of commercial lines products, particularly in construction insurance
· RIBO Licence
· CIP and/or CAIB designation
· Familiarity with The Agency Manager (TAM) and Compu-quote
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent organizational and time management abilities
· Self-motivation with ability to problem-solve with limited supervision
· Flexibility to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with changing priorities
· Ability to work independently and as a team member
· Technically proficient in Microsoft Office programs: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Accurate data entry skills
· Maintain strict confidentiality
· Demonstrate a strong work ethic
· Be honest and trustworthy
· Be respectful of clients, co-workers and Management
About Insurance Career Network
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment.
Register and submit your resume through this site or call Francis for more information 416 703-5120.