Our client is a leading employee-owned and operated commercial insurance brokerage and consulting services firm in 12 cities across Canada. The key to their success has always been their passionate and engaged team, now composed of 600 professionals with vast experience and expertise. They are a national collaborative team that thrives in a face-paced environment.
The primary purpose of this position is to maintain and service a profitable book of business based upon the company’s objectives and individual business plans.
· Negotiates best terms and coverages for all clients with Insurers;
· Provides exceptional client service by regularly contacting existing clients to ensure quality service is being delivered and needs are met and exceeded;
· Places new business as well as renewals and endorsements in a timely and efficient manner;
· Identifies needs of prospective clients through research and involvement with relevant resources, utilizes team and corporate resources;
· Develops account strategies, presentations and other forms of communication with client;
· Prepares and presents proposals of appropriate products and services to clients new and existing clients;
· Participates in industry functions and targeted public relations activities;
· Maintains extensive market relationships;
· Other miscellaneous duties and special projects as required.
· Minimum 3 years’ industry related experience, specifically with a focus on Personal Lines
· Good knowledge of markets and their policy wordings
· Experience with high net worth clients and corresponding specialty VIP insurers
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work well independently, as part of a team and with others throughout the organization
· Strong experience with Microsoft Office applications
· Good knowledge of Intact Broker Portal
· Effective time management and organizational skills
· Customer focused and service oriented.
· High attention to detail and precision
· Able and willing to work under pressure when needed
About Insurance Career Network
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment.
Register and submit your resume through this site or call Francis for more information 416 703-5120.