This position will support a dynamic team of Brokers and Client Representative in servicing a very active group benefits book of business. This individual will be responsible for completing group benefit claims, and providing administrative support in an effective and efficient manner. The successful candidate must be highly motivated and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. They will be part of a team whose core objective is to maintain a high level of professionalism while exceeding client expectations.
Essential Job Functions
Group Benefits Claims
· Prepare forms and correspondence to group benefits clients and insurance companies
· Assist with processing group benefit traditional and cost plus claims, as well as follow-up until claims are adjudicated
· Administer and maintain file storage
· Manage the day-to-day client calls regarding claims
· Assist brokers and advisors with client follow-ups
· Maintain and updating filing system for Individual Life & Disability Insurance, Group Benefit Insurance and Group Retirement Plan documents
· Provide various administrative support such as photocopying, scanning, filing, faxing etc.
· Help create and customize PowerPoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets and Word documents to prepare for client meetings and conferences
· Prepare employee packages/kits
· Maintain office supplies by checking stock levels and replenish when necessary Ensure photocopier is maintained and stocked for daily use
· Perform other related duties and special projects, as required
Qualifications & Experience
· High school diploma is required
· Working knowledge of group benefits products is preferred
Skill Sets Required
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent organizational and time management abilities
· Self-motivation with ability to problem-solve with limited supervision
· Flexibility to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with changing priorities
· Ability to work independently and as a team member
· Technically proficient in Microsoft Office programs: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Accurate data entry skills
· Maintain strict confidentiality
· Demonstrate a strong work ethic
· Be honest and trustworthy
· Be respectful of clients, co-workers and Management
About Insurance Career Network
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment.
Register and submit your resume through this site or call Francis for more information 416 703-5120.