Reporting to the AVP, Underwriting the successful candidate will be responsible to produce and underwrite new business (Commercial Standard Lines) in an effort to maximize underwriting profitability. Specifically, the candidate will be responsible for the following:
· Production of new business and maintenance of renewal book of business. Includes risk analysis, pricing, negotiating, setting terms, and referrals to management as necessary. Submitting, negotiating and binding reinsurance when required in writing.
· Review claim reports and provides underwriting action if required.
· Portfolio management of existing accounts to ensure targeted profitability and renewal retention.
· Develop and manage relationships with assigned group of brokers. Complete sales calls and develop plans as per goals set each year.
· Perform Underwriting audits, as required.
· University degree, combined with CIP designation (or progress towards completion), 3 – 5 years of commercial property and casualty underwriting experience;
· Familiarity with the Ontario market as well as prior Construction and Manufacturing experience is considered an asset.
· Strong marketing skills to ensure profitable growth of a book of business.
· Must have familiarity with the brokers in the community and expertise and knowledge of distribution and the competitive market environment.
· Customer service focused. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong analytical, interpretation, organizational and time management skills. Must be detail oriented.
· Ability to conceptualize details and develop action plans for problem solving and decision making.
· Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, making sound underwriting decisions with limited supervision.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
About Insurance Career Network
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment.
Register and submit your resume through this site or call Francis for more information 416 703-5120.