Our client is a major MGA located in downtown Toronto.
• Develop and execute marketing plan to drive new and renewal business, including in-person visits, telemarketing and distribution of marketing materials for insurance company partners
• Evaluate, classify, and rate each risk to determine acceptability, coverage, and pricing
• Develop and submit underwriting referrals, where required, to company brokerage facilities and management
• Monitor key metrics, such as, new business hit ratio, renewal retention ratio, premium growth, and loss ratio, formulating corrective action where necessary
• Mentor and train Assistant Underwriters as needed
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum 5 years of multi-line underwriting experience, excess & surplus experience preferred
• Strong sales and marketing skills a must, business acumen, interest in continued education and professional development
• RIBO, CIP or comparable designations preferred
· MGA experience is preferred
• Competitive base compensation & highly lucrative sales incentive bonus plan
• Employer paid continuing education courses and designations
• Many opportunities for career advancement
This is an outstanding opportunity for candidates with an entrepreneurial spirit, drive for career advancement and desire to develop relationships while growing a book of business.
About Insurance Career Network
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment.
Register and submit your resume through this site or call Francis for more information 416 703-5120.