MOSTLY PRODUCT LIABILITY CLAIMS
Responsible for the investigation, evaluation, disposition and settlement of all claims. This includes the investigation, determination and evaluation of coverage, liability and damages and the setting of proper reserves.
I. Essential Functions
1. Exercises proper judgment and decision making to analyze the claims exposure, to determine the proper course of action and to appropriately settle the claim.
2. Interacts extensively with various parties involved in the claim process.
3. Ability to think critically, solve problems, plan and organize activities, serve clients, negotiate, effectively communicate verbally and in writing and embrace new challenges.
4. Handles claims consistent with our clients and corporate policies, procedures and “Best Practices” and also in accordance to any statutory, regulatory and ethics requirements.
5. Documents and communicates all claim activity timely and effectively and in a manner which supports the outcome of the claim file.
6. Other duties as assigned.
1. Knowledge of accepted industry standards and practices.
2. Analytical skills necessary to make decisions and resolve issues inherent in the handling of claims.
3. Ability to successfully negotiate the settlement and disposition of claims including the ability to interpret related documentation.
4. Time management skills
5. Exceptional telephone communication skills
6. Experience in Retail claims environment
7. Strong organization skills with attention to detail and accuracy
8. Excellent verbal and written communication skills as demonstrated by your ability to convey professionalism
9. Strong understanding of Microsoft Office programs, ie: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
10. Exceptional customer service skills required
1. Minimum three years claims related experience required.
2. College/University degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
3. Minimum three years auto physical damage and general liability experience.
4. ADJUSTER licensed and/or COMPLETED CIP requirements willing to obtain QUEBEC LICENSE
About Insurance Career Network
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment.
Register and submit your resume through this site or call Francis for more information 416 703-5120.