Contract – 1 year may go permanent
Our client is an Association committed to evolving the pharmacy profession and advocating for excellence in practice and patient care. As the largest provincial pharmacy advocacy organization and Canada’s largest continuing professional development and drug information provider for pharmacists, our client represents the views and interests of pharmacy professionals (including pharmacists, pharmacy students, interns and pharmacy technicians) in all practice settings across Ontario. By leveraging the unique expertise of pharmacy professionals, enabling them to practice to their fullest potential, and making them even more accessible to patients.
Reporting to the Manager, Insurance Services, the Insurance Administrator is responsible for a variety of administrative and business development tasks in support of functional and organizational goals and objectives. In addition, the incumbent is expected to work independently and be able to act as a liaison between various stakeholders, including but not limited to: carriers, brokers, members, and internal departments. This role will provide additional support to the team on an as-needed basis.
· Research, identify and attract new business opportunities, including development of proposals, presentations, and follow-up requirements
· Support the development of strategies and tactics to retain the current customer base and up-sell and/or cross-sell, whenever possible
· Prepare and provide quotations on a variety of personalized insurance products/services
· Extracting new business primarily through the data base
· Manages inquiries (written/verbal) regarding
· Life and health benefit plans, including changes/additions/deletions and quotations for health and dental insurance
· Home & Auto insurance, Professional Liability program, Pharmacy Insurance Program, or any others as assigned
· Process incoming insurance applications (new business and change) after agent sign off and handle additional requirement requests from insurance carriers
· Handles inquiries regarding customer service and administration
· Process Insurance applications for new business and performs updates, as needed
· Assist with and/or forward health and dental claim questions to third party administrator
· Process life, critical illness, disability, and dismemberment claims, including submission of claim forms to insurance companies
· Work with the office manager to coordinate support of the Customer Experience & Administration Team
· Other duties as assigned
· Minimum of 3 years of recent experience in Insurance Industry
· Experience with and proficiency in a variety of technologies (i.e. Microsoft Suite)
· Program implementation cost-benefit and viability analysis
· You are quality-oriented with an eye and ear for detail and accuracy
· You are an excellent communicator, possess strong interpersonal and phone skills
· Good problem-solving skills
· Able to effectively work in a collaborative/team environment
· You have a strong business mindset and a drive to exceed revenue targets
· You are a creative self-starter with a strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence
· You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong numerical/mathematical skills as it relates to the requirements of the job
· Must be well organized and with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
· Post-Graduate Education Degree or Diploma in Business, Marketing, Economics or related area.
· Licensed professional (Accident, Sickness, & Life) LLQP
About Insurance Career Network
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment.
Register and submit your resume through this site or call Francis for more information 416 703-5120.