This position will support a dynamic team in servicing a very active commercial insurance book of business. The book of business consists mainly of construction, home building, manufacturing and realty business. The successful candidate must be highly motivated and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. You will be part of a team whose core objective is to maintain a high level of professionalism while exceeding expectations at each client interaction.
By joining our client’s team, you will become part of a growing company that offers extensive training and frontline knowledge of the overall insurance industry. We offer a competitive, salary-based, compensation package including group health and retirement benefits, with future advancement opportunities within our organization.
Essential Job Functions
· Work closely with Producer and assist with renewal negotiations of medium to large accounts; policy types including Builders Risks, Wrap Up Liability and other project-specific policies
· Review and analyze contractor prequalification & tender documents, Certificates & Lease documents, construction contract wordings (CCDC) and other contract wordings
· Field claim queries from clients, as well as co-ordinate claims handling process with in-house claims department
· Service existing client base, including responding to client questions and providing coverage advice and recommendations
· Act as a mentor/advisor, providing guidance and training to junior staff members
· Work effectively with TAM and Microsoft Excel in order to perform the following tasks: o Assist in updating Summaries of Insurance for renewal, issuing proposals and Binders of Insurance, market summaries & price comparisons o Follow up with Outstanding Recommendations and Additional Coverage(s) o Request, check and invoice Policy Endorsements and renewal documents
· Attend renewal meetings and communicate with clients and underwriters
· Represent the company and attend industry-related social events from time to time
· Perform other related administrative duties including assist in premium collection
· Prospecting and special projects, as required
Qualifications & Experience
· RIBO Licence / or relevant industry experience (RIBO completion within 6 months)
Understanding of commercial insurance products, particularly in the construction industry
· Five (5) to Ten (10) years of experience in a similar role
· CIP and/or CAIB designation
· Familiarity with The Agency Manager (TAM) and/or CompuQuote
About Insurance Career Network
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment.
Register and submit your resume through this site or call Francis for more information 416 703-5120.