This position will support a dynamic team in servicing a very active commercial insurance book of business. The book of business consists mainly of Construction and other related commercial accounts. The successful candidate must be highly motivated and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. They will be part of a team whose core objective is to maintain a high level of professionalism while exceeding expectations at each client interaction.
By joining our client’s team, you will become part of a rapidly, still-growing company that offers extensive training and front-line knowledge of the overall investment and insurance industry.
Essential Job Functions
- Handle of medium to large size accounts, including Builders Risks, Wrap Up Liability and other project specific policies with the Commercial Producer on file
- Negotiate coverages, rates and premiums with underwriters and clients
- Work closely with internal claims department to handle incoming claims, monitor losses, and answer client inquiries relating to their claim
- Service existing client base, including responding to client questions, offering coverage advice and recommendations
- Acting as mentor/advisor, providing guidance and training to junior staff members
- Work effectively with TAM and Microsoft Excel in order to perform the following tasks:
- Prepare Summaries of Insurance for renewal, issuing proposals and Binders of Insurance,
- Produce and update price comparisons and market summaries
- Create renewal reviews including Outstanding Recommendations, Claims Review and Additional Coverage(s)
- Request, check and invoice Policy Endorsements and renewal documents
- Review and analyze contractor pre-qualification and tender documents, Certificates and Lease documents, construction contract wordings (CCDC) and other contract wordings
- Attend renewal meetings and have the ability to comfortably communicate with clients and underwriters
- Attend industry related social events from time to time
- Perform other related administrative duties including assist in premium collection, prospecting and other assignments and special projects, as required
- Learn basic concepts of surety bonds, and co-ordinate with bond department to act as secondary support to surety account executives
- Qualifications & Experience
- RIBO Licence / or relevant industry experience (RIBO completion within 6 months)
- Understanding of commercial insurance products, particularly in the construction industry
- Minimum Ten (10) years of experience in similar role
- CIP and/or CAIB designation
- Familiarity with The Agency Manager (TAM) and/or CompuQuote
- Bilingual an asset
Skill Sets Required
- Self-motivation with ability to problem-solve with limited supervision
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to work both independently or collaboratively with co-workers and external partners
- Technically proficient in Microsoft Office programs: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Accurate data entry skills with strong attention to detail
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be respectful of clients, co-workers and Management
About Insurance Career Network
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment.
Register and submit your resume through this site or call Francis for more information 416 703-5120.