Our client is a major Insurance Brokerage firm location in downtown Hamilton.
- VIP Account Manager will service needs of our “Signature Clients” & manage the section.
- Handle renewals, claims, all service needs of clients
- Account round, quote new sales and referrals for clients and their families.
- Cross sell to Commercial & Financial Service.
- Meet sales goals as set out with management.
- DESCRIPTION OF MAJOR DUTIES:
- Handle all major duties with minimal supervision. Have a complete knowledge of all rules and regulations for all insurers.
- Must have the ability to communicate and perform clearly and quickly. Responsible for daily client calls. Process changes and request from clients.
- Underwrite all renewals thoroughly – responsible for the retention of the assigned Signature Client alpha section with expectation of 95% retention. Always keeping loss ratio and profitability in mind.
- Acquire x-date for second/third piece of business. Communicate to client that we offer a full range of Financial and Commercial Services. Advise our sales team who will then follow up with a contact call to process the sale.
- Utilize the computer system to its fullest. Utilize TAM, company portals and EDI.
- Responsible for any accounts receivable on agency bill accounts.
- Responsible to take claims from client, report claim to the insurance company and assist client if there are any problems. Attach claims to correct date of loss, send out claim follow-up letters and bring any large or problem claims to manager’s attention.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products: Outlook, Word and Excel & Company portals.
- Address courier and mail for the alpha section. CSR Assistant is available for assistance.
- Job Expectations/Time Lines:
- Phone Calls & Emails: All must be returned ASAP. Morning calls in the morning and afternoon calls before end of day.
- Claims: All claims must be reported. If they are not reported, must be reviewed with mgmt. for confirming letter to be sent out to insured.
- Renewals: 45 – 60 days prior to renewal.
- Rewrites: Rewrites must be placed with an alternative carrier prior to expiry date and submitted to in-house u/w within carrier binding time limit.
- Cancellations: processed immediately. Advise client to “stop payment” if carrier cannot discontinue debits.
- Endorsements: Processed immediately on the company portal. Confirmation sent to insured may be necessary, must be sent if client declines coverage(s).
- Activities: Must be worked on daily and current dated (within 7 days).
- Accounts Receivables: responsible for agency bill accounts collection.
- Month end report: monthly retention/cancellation reports to be completed and review with management.
- Audits: monthly file and phone audits with expectation of 95%.
- Personal Lines Meetings: responsible for providing company updates on corresponding carrier assigned.
- Carrier Binding Limits: responsible for knowing our carriers and ensuring binding limits/time are not exceeded.
- OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be able to communicate and perform clearly and quickly.
- Must be dependable and conscientious.
- Work with little supervision.
- Able to make decisions and have the ability to know when a manager’s input is required.
About Insurance Career Network
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
Since 1991, we have been building and nurturing relationships and with over 13,000 registered candidates, we can tap into our highly technical experience for our clients. Our recruiters come directly from insurance related positions and bring a wealth of knowledge to each recruitment assignment.
Register and submit your resume through this site or call Francis for more information 416 703-5120.