We’re entering into an exciting time here at Frank Cowan Company. If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and make a difference, we want to hear from you!
Opportunity: Commercial Automobile Specialist in our Princeton office.
As the successful candidate on our Underwriting team, your responsibilities will include:
- Acting as a resource to the underwriting teams
- Conducting research on various topics relating to automobile insurance
- Developing commercial procedures and guidelines as well as training material and conducting seminars
- Assisting with the evaluation of new and emerging product opportunities
- Recommending changes that are necessary due to amendments made to the automobile regulations in the jurisdictions in which Frank Cowan Company
What you bring:
- Minimum 5 years of senior commercial automobile underwriting experience
- A sound understanding of the Automobile Insurance Act, automobile policy & form wordings
- CIP or working towards would be an asset
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite of products, with an emphasis on excel
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong analytical and judgment skills required
- Attention to detail is essential
- Problem-solving expertise
- Highly organized to manage workflow efficiently
- Ability to work independently or in a small team environment
Why choose Frank Cowan Company:
- A professional and motivating team environment where contributions are valued
- An entrepreneurial culture that has helped build a company with a strong history and exciting future
- We offer great benefits, professional development support and competitive pay with incentives
- Other great perks including, a recognition program, a fitness rebate, recognition of service milestones, work-life balance and much more!
Located in Princeton, Ontario, under half an hour from Woodstock, Brantford and Cambridge, just off the 403 or 401!
How to Apply
We invite interested candidates submit their resume and salary expectations in confidence to email@example.com.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employee candidates will be selected strictly on the basis of an individual’s technical qualifications, knowledge and experience, as they relate to the requirements of a particular position. Selections will be made without regard to: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex, sexual orientation, handicaps (physical or mental), age, marital status, family status, or the receipt of public assistance or record of offences.
About Frank Cowan Company
Frank Cowan Company is a leader in providing specialized insurance programs, including risk management and claims services for municipalities and public service, healthcare, education, community, children’s and social service organizations across Canada.
Proven industry knowledge, gained through over 85 years of partnering with insurance companies and independent brokers, gives Frank Cowan Company the ability to effectively manage the necessary risk, advisory and claims services for both standard and complex issues.
Frank Cowan Company’s head office is located in Princeton, Ontario with a branch office in Cambridge, Ontario. Clients and broker partners receive support out of both locations.