As the successful candidate in our Underwriting team, your responsibilities will include:
- researching, development, identification and evaluation of new products; product enhancement initiatives
- evaluation of profitability potential
- development and/or evaluation of applications, coverage, processes and underwriting guidelines
- providing technical underwriting support by acting as a technical product resource and communication lead with our partners
What you bring:
- Minimum 15 years of multi-line commercial underwriting experience
- Minimum education: Bachelor’s degree
- CIP, CPCU, RPLU or other industry designation would be an asset
- Ability to actively participate in the product development process to help evaluate new products and opportunities
- Understanding both current and future business needs, actively manage the development and implementation of new products determined to meet the necessary criteria
- Ability to evaluate and revise policy wording and endorsements in collaboration with underwriting units to further improve the quality and clarity of coverage
- Deal with the daily challenges presented by the diverse product needs of our clients and aggressive marketing timeframes
- Experience creating rating plans and templates
- Reinsurance experience an asset
- Strong technical underwriting knowledge. Commercial lines insurance background, including knowledge of primary and excess liability insurance products and coverage, including different coverage triggers, familiarity with claims made and occurrence forms
About Frank Cowan Company
Located in Princeton, Ontario, under half an hour from Woodstock, Brantford and Cambridge, just off the 403 or 401!
We are proud of our past, and excited about the future!
Since the opening of our doors in 1927, Frank Cowan Company has established itself as a leader in providing specialized insurance programs including risk management and claims services across Canada. We have proven industry knowledge gained through 85 years of partnering with insurance companies and independent brokers, giving us the ability to effectively manage the necessary risk and advisory and claims services for both standard and complex issues.
How to Apply
We invite interested candidates submit their resume and salary expectations in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employee candidates will be selected strictly on the basis of an individual's technical qualifications, knowledge and experience, as they relate to the requirements of a particular position. Selections will be made without regard to: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex, sexual orientation, handicaps (physical or mental), age, marital status, family status, or the receipt of public assistance or record of offences.